Did you mean: 

Small Icon tool bar AutoCAD 2014 on Macbook Pro Retina

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kry.puthpisey
4629 Views, 5 Replies

Small Icon tool bar AutoCAD 2014 on Macbook Pro Retina

I just installed AutoCAD 2014 on my Macbook Pro Retina 2014 (Window 7). But it has small icon toolbar that is hard to see. I think it is because the screen resolution of my laptop is 2880 x 1800. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank in advance. Anyway, I have attached the layout of my AutoCAD 2014. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: kry.puthpisey

Welcome to the Forums

Generally the Mac forums are here AutoCAD for Mac

But I think I can help.

Click on TOOLS

Click on OPTIONS...

Choose the DISPLAY tab

One of the options says USE LARGE BUTTONS FOR TOOLBARS. Make sure that is ticked.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 6
kry.puthpisey
in reply to: hwalker

Thank hwalker.
I installed it on Window 7, not OS X. Anyway, I have tried that already but the status bar is still small (the bottom bar). There goes the same problem with Autodesk Robot 2014, Photoshop and some other software too.

Message 4 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: kry.puthpisey

If other program icons are small, that sounds like it's a general windows display issue. Somewhere in the display settings of windows there should be a setting use large icons. See if that helps.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 6
kry.puthpisey

I will go through the display setting in Window. Thank you for help.
Message 6 of 6
stylom

I am running Windows 8.1 on a Macbook Pro Retina 15 inch with a resolution of 2880x1800. When running Autocad 2014 I have found it impossible to adjust the menus to an appropriate size.

As the resolution gives very small icons and menus I have adjusted the options to 'use large buttons for toolbars'. In addition in Windows you can adjust the text size to larger or extra large or customise to something in between. However, in enlarging the text which gives the desirable effect on the menus, the command line becomes super large. Unfortunately that means when we use the measure command, no figure is displayed as it does not fit into the box.

This seems like a major oversight by Autodesk for a high resolution display.

I would appreciate any solutions to resolve this frustrating problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost