Did you mean: 

Slow performance when working within AutoCAD 2015

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Nikolai158
644 Views, 2 Replies

Slow performance when working within AutoCAD 2015

Afternoon all,

looking for some advice with an issue we are seeing with AutoCad in our drawing department.

Approx 15-20 users using Auto CAD.

Drawings are saved onto our networked drives and machines are all connected into a 1gbps switch ports.

Machines are all similar spec'd HP Workstations either Inten Xenon 2.4Ghz or Intel i7's 3.4Ghz with the majority having 8gb of RAM (3-5 machines have 16gb) dedicated graphics card and running windows 7 64-bit.

Problem we are seeing is when Autocad is open and our staff are flicking betwen tabs Autocad hangs and takes on average between 30secs to 2minutes to load up, this problem occurs when doing an undo change and also during general usage. I'm fairly sure its not network related as all profiles are roaming and when AutoCAD does hang most of the users can do other things such as browse our network drives, load word, excel documents, open and use outlook and browse the internet without problems..

My next plan is to ask a few of our user to save the files locally to the machine to test in order to prove if its the files on the network or not.. After that a fresh install of AutoCAD and then after that I'm pretty stumped on what we can do..

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Nikolai158

FYI: for the local test, also ensure the users are 'unplugged' from the network too.
Message 3 of 3
braudpat
in reply to: pendean

Hello

+1 with Pendean

And unplugged from the Internet/Web (if possible) !?

Please erase/detach any old unused XREF, Image, DXE, etc from your DWGs !

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost