Did you mean: 

Slice Solid with Surface, got Inconsistent face-body relationships

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
vianova.th
1213 Views, 5 Replies

Slice Solid with Surface, got Inconsistent face-body relationships

Hi everyone,

I searched and found case of "Inconsistent face-body relationships". But it not answer my case.

I had create solid and 3 surfaces. All 3 Surfaces are create from the same programing code, just different vertexes.

With an attachement, the green surface can be used to slice the solid BUT not those 2 red surfaces.

Please help,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

what AutoCAD release and servicepack (and vertical product, it any) are you using?

I tried it now with AutoCAD 2015 wihtout issues, see attached.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6

Thank you Alfred,

I'd tried both ACAD2013/2014 (SP1), and fail on both. Not 2015 which is not the target for now yet.

Message 4 of 6

Hi,

ok, can reproduce it with 2014 (the message with inconsistent faces).

>> All 3 Surfaces are create from the same programing code, just different vertexes

Different positions or also different order?

But as AutoCAD 2015 is able to do that I guess it's more an unsolved issue, so I'm not sure at all that you can solve it within your app.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 6

Hi Alfred,

Thanks again. 3 Surfaces just different in positions. I will be happy if Autodesk could debug and point out which part that cause , the solid or surface, and also how?. Then I can prevent this situation in my program.

Message 6 of 6

Hi,

>> I will be happy if Autodesk could debug and point out

AFAIK: To get a feedback from Autodesk directly is not guaranteed here; therefor you have to create a support case in your subscription center.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost