Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip wipeouts while printing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MTaylorICC
324 Views, 4 Replies

Skip wipeouts while printing

We're using wipeout on a lot of our blocks becuase it makes it easier for us to complete our drawings, however, the parts we're wiping out are beneficial to the assemblers, and we'd like to skip the wipeout while printing.

Is there any way to set that up in our printer settings?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

hi MTayloricc

you can assign an special layer for wipeout object before you start your drawing.. whenever you  need to skip that in your printing you can turn it off or freeze.

hope this will help.

cheers

Ver

Message 3 of 5

The problem with that is that we would have to go back and put the layer in each one of our blocks, as well as add it to the the templates, and I know that some of our users wouldn't turn off the layer. We really only need to turn it off when we plot 1:1 drawings, so I was hoping there'd be a way for me to create a specific 1:1 printing scheme.

Message 4 of 5
nrz13
in reply to: MTaylorICC

You might try posting in the Customization Forum to see if someone there can determine if it's possible to setup a .lisp that will scan your viewports on drawing load and if the scan finds any viewports at 1:1 scale, it will freeze the wipeout layer.  However, this is still dependent upon you having your wipeouts set on their own layer.  I'm not sure if there's any system variable that could be used to turn the wipeouts off without having them on their own layer.

You could add the wipeout layer to your templates and gradually phase this in as you start new projects.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: MTaylorICC

In addition to the above advise, you will also need to create some some of custom reactor to kick-in so that you don't rely on your users remembering to turn off layers. Don;t forget to ask in the Customization Forum for help doing that as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost