Simple Copy and Paste Help required

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
291 Views, 3 Replies

Simple Copy and Paste Help required

Hi Guys,

This is potentially Very simple to do, but i just cannot figure out how. 

I only ever do Wiring Diagrams on CAD, and very often Ctrl-C + Ctrl-V certain aspects of the drawing and then alter them afterwards.

One of the things which really frustrates me is that when copying lines, is that once I paste them, my cursur is sometimes to the left of the actual point I am trying to paste. Resulting in me pasting into an open space, and then re-selecting to Move into place with Object Snap

Please see picture for example if this does not make sense 

You can see from this that I am trying to quickly paste/recreate the line & Box onto the circle, but my cursur isCAD Example.png to the left meaning i have to drop somewhere and reselect and Move using object Snap 

Hope you guys can help,

Adam 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> very often Ctrl-C + Ctrl-V

use <CTRL><SHIFT><C> instead and you can define the base point for copying.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks 🙂
I knew it would be simple, I just needed to ask the question!
Message 4 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

When using CopyClip (CTRL+C) the basepoint is typically the left most X coord and the lowest Y coordinate of the object(s) selected, so often it's of no use as a "basepoint."

I normally use COpy command rather than CopyClip when copying objects within the same drawing, which allows a basepoint to be specified, but if you prefer CopyClip, perhaps use Copybase (CTRL+Shift+C) and pick your own basepoint.

Copyclip.gif

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost