Did you mean: 

Show Hidden Lines

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ceapple
8718 Views, 6 Replies

Show Hidden Lines

In cad 2015, I set a new layer for a Hidden line and use DASHEDX2 line. The separation in line does not show up in paper or model space. I have adjusted LTSCALE, PSLTSCALE, MSLTSCALE with no luck. I also varied the linetype to see if one would work over the other. Any advice?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: ceapple

Hi,

please upload the drawing with that lines/units-settings/layouts/... so we can see what's the all-situation.

Otherwise we play the guess and try game for some time 😉

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
ceapple
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

The lines I am trying to make hidden are the white lines. What additional information do you need?

Message 4 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi.

>> The lines I am trying to make hidden are the white lines

I don't see, what linetype is assigned to the lines, if bylayer on which layer they are and what linetype is assinged to the layer, if that are lines or 2D-polylines or LW-polylines or 3D-polylines or any geometry else, if they are part of a blockreference, depending on setting of MSLTSCALE what annotation scale is set and thousands of properties more I can't see within your JPG file.

But maybe another one is able to find the reason within your JPG, I can't 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 7
ceapple
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I wasn't what file to upload other than a screen shot. I think by messing with the MSLTSCALE that fixed the problem. Thank you so much!

Message 6 of 7
nestly2

Your screencap indicates you're in Modelspace with a scale of 1/4" = 1-0"

DASHEDX2 is not an appropriate linetype for a kitchen at 1/4" - 1'-0" because with an LTSCALE=1, the drawn line segments will be 4 feet long and the gaps 2 feet.  With those settings, there will be no gaps/breaks displayed unless the line is at least 6 feet long.

If you need further assistance, please upload a .dwg file so we may

Message 7 of 7
Kent1Cooper

Another thing that might affect this is set by the VIEWRES command.  It may have a very low "circle zoom percent" value, and setting it to a higher value may fix it.  That part of VIEWRES is described in Help as being about the smoothness of curves [kinked into what look like line segments at low value, smoother curvature at high value], but at low-enough values it does also eliminate the gaps in non-continuous linetypes.  It only does so as a matter of on-screen resolution, so if the linework doesn't have the correct gaps in paper or model space on-screen, but plots with the correct gaps, this could be the problem.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost