Did you mean: 

Sheet Set - "Rename and Renumber" will not rename files or layouts

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1817 Views, 4 Replies

Sheet Set - "Rename and Renumber" will not rename files or layouts

Hi,

Using AutoCAD 2014, accessing files from a folder synced with Buzzsaw Sync. I am trying to use the Sheet Set Manager to "Rename and Renumber" my files. It works - sort of. The sheets do take on the new Number and Sheet Title. The problem is that the options for renaming the layout and renaming the file are greyed out. The file is not renamed, and neither is the layout.

This behavior is found whether the file being changed is open or closed. It works normally for projects that are NOT part of a Buzzsaw sync folder. I've tried manually changing the permissions of files in the Buzzsaw sync folder, but no change. I do have full Admin permissions in Buzzsaw, and can edit, save and update the files normally.

Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

same boat cant find anywhere how to remame areas that are greyed out

Message 3 of 5
pkolarik

It's a bug with buzzsaw sycn'd folders and Sheet Sets. We ran into this over the winter and finally got info from Autodesk. The only solutions are to either not sync that folder with Buzzsaw, never rename/renumber the sheets once that folder is "locked into" buzzsaw, or do all your production work in a folder outside of any association with Buzzsaw and then copy your files into a buzzsaw sync'd folder daily (or however often you want to sync that folder) for sync'ing.

As it was put to us by the person at Autodesk:  "Buzzsaw is almost a 20 year old software.... it had glitches when it was new, but really hasn't been updated hardly at all since its creation. It isn't always going to work well with newer AutoCad features."

(he did go on to say that there's a replacement for buzzsaw "in the works" currently, but had no timeframe on its completion)

We have 3 projects that are under construction now that were in buzzsaw over the winter. We won't be using buzzsaw for future projects, unless those projects are 100% done in revit (which is not the case in our office yet)

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pkolarik

I found the answer after 2 hours experimenting , if you use the stock sheetlist template , the grey areas are open , then add sheets
Message 5 of 5
pkolarik

Hmmm..... so I went and tried one using an OOTB .dwt and .dst file... no dice, I still couldn't rename/renumber the filename through SSM when the file is located in a buzzsaw sync'd folder.

Which specific files did you use angiemak?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost