Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sheet set problem- network rlated

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
683 Views, 6 Replies

sheet set problem- network rlated

I have an issue concerning sheet sets and networks- i've been through all the resources i could think of, would really appreciate input.

I'm creating sheet sets on a server, and they are printing fine, but when prints are attempted on other computers, they do not print. AutoCAD's plot details file shows my computer as having a print device, sheet size, while the other computers do not (blank entry in plot details).

I think it has something to do with my sheetset page setup, or override, being local, but experimenting has failed to provide a fix. Anyone have any ideas? or have a good sheet set resource?

Thanks in advance!

Alex

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Your deduction is correct: your PUBLISH Pagesetups are using a local resource on your PC and not on the network.
Are you using a unique driver or a PC3 file you edited?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Well, I can tell you a local drawing had a page setup which i saved, and imported into many other drawings on the server. Then, I assume the sheet set referenced that page setup.

My attempted fix was to move that local drawing onto the server, resave the setup, and re-import the setup into the other drawings. Is there perhaps a default save location for this pc3 file i need to change? Sorry for the roundabout answer, your questions were a little over my head.

Message 4 of 7
Jay_B

If you’re not already doing so, the first thing I'd recommend is getting everyone using the same user profiles that point to your standard plot files and place the plot files on a read only network.

In OPTIONS on the Files Tab>Printer Support File Path>plotters (pc3), plot model parameter files (pmp) and plot styles should all be mapped accordingly.

If the above locations are different, on various PC's, that may be part of your issue.

apichalski wrote:

I'm creating sheet sets on a server, and they are printing fine, but when prints are attempted on other computers, they do not print. AutoCAD's plot details file shows my computer as having a print device, sheet size, while the other computers do not (blank entry in plot details).

Are you trying to print using a pc3 file or a system printer and wanting to print from 3 computers the same way?
All 3 computers must first be mapped in Windows to the same network share printer name.

apichalski wrote:

I think it has something to do with my sheetset page setup, or override, being local, but experimenting has failed to provide a fix. Anyone have any ideas? or have a good sheet set resource?

Sheet Set (dst) the Page Setup Overrides location file can be viewed by Rt. clicking on the Sheet Set Name in Sheet Set Manager>Properties>Sheet Set>Page Setup Overrides File>

This is the Page Setup Overrides file that a particular Sheet Set is going to use if available. If not available there will be errors.

It's ok if the Page Setups Overrides File is set to a local path provided everyone using that sheet set has the same exact dwt and Page Setup name available within that dwt which is being used as the Override.

We do it this way because it offers flexibility to users in editing a Page Setup than a Read Only network location where nothing can be changed.

The Page Setups Overrides file (which is also used when creating new Sheet Sets) is specified at:

OPTIONS on the Files Tab>Template Settings>Default Template for Sheet Set Creation and Page Setups Overrides>

The above should be mapped same for the entire team.
If you choose the local method have one person responsible to create the dwt to be used and import all your standard Page Setups into the Page Setups Overrides file.

Example location: C:\Users\Brubble\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCad\enu\Template\Acad.dwt

Then copy this file to each computer on the team, or go the network route and map them there.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay,

thanks a lot for your help, i was able to follow your advice, despite having no network experience. All of our Printer Support file paths and sheet set template file paths are now pointing to the server, where i copied the associated local file to. I double checked using a test sheet set, the override file and sheet creation template are now server paths.

Unfortunately the same error persists. Are there other things I haven't tried? Either way I really appreciate your help, thanks for taking us a step closer!

Alex

Message 6 of 7
Jay_B

This is a difficult thing to troubleshoot without seeing the actual setup.

To rule out system printer mapping issues etc., what happens if you create a Page Setup which uses DWG to PDF.pc3 in the dwt specified for Page Setup Overrides and print using this new PDF Page Setup as the override from the Same Sheet Set (dst) from the various computers?

The above assumes you have the same plotting folders mapped in Options for all computers and the Plotters folder contains the DWG to Pdf.pc3 plotter.

Printer Support File Path settings locations below must also match for all computers.

plot.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

All computers were successful with the dwg to pdf pc3. the output location was local, though i doubt that's relevant.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost