Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Set Manager Help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
326 Views, 3 Replies

Sheet Set Manager Help!

Hey everybody, Sincerely I've been working on Sheet set Manager (SSM) for a while now. Though I am having this problem.
I successfully create a sheet set with all sheet set custom properties and sheet custom properties.
After creating the template, I can add a new sheet and edit the properties as I need.
The problem is, if one of the sheets created was removed by right clicking on it and selecting "Remove Sheet" (lets say someone did it by mistake or even the original file name is changed and the sheet in SSM does not link to the file anymore since the file name changed) so you have to remove the sheet from SSM and add it again by right clicking in the SSM subset and selecting "Import Layout as Sheet..." then selecting the same file, but then all sheet custom properties edited/adjusted before as needed are gone and default sheet custom properties values are used instead !!!

Is there any solution for this problem?
Is there a way to preserve the custom sheet properties of a sheet so you can remove a sheet then add it to the sheet set without losing the custom sheet properties values?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Not that I know of.

There are 3rd party SSM tools available that allow you to edit multiple sheet properties at once - if that may help.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 4
cadwomen
in reply to: rkmcswain

hy

take a look there http://www.jtbworld.com/SSMPropEditor.htm

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
Message 4 of 4
pkolarik
in reply to: Anonymous

I've tried over the years to figure out a way around this as well. I don't think it's possible to remove a sheet from the SSM and have it retain the SSM info once you re-import that sheet back into the SSM.

That particular sheet will keep the info from the SSM even after it's been removed from said SSM however. You can open the sheet and plot it individually and all the SSM info it last had will still be in there. But once you bring it back into your SSM it goes away.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost