Did you mean: 

Sheet List Table problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nebsi04
902 Views, 1 Reply

Sheet List Table problem

Hey all,

I am trying to solve a problem. My company uses AutoCAD 2013. We set up a sheet set manager template that has custom properties linked to fields in an attribute block. Now we want to finish configuring a sheet list table. The problem is that we cannot get the sheet list table to look the way we want it.

In the sheet list table we add the drawing number, the revision, and then three titles (all from left to right). The three titles come from three separate attributes in the title block. The titles say the discipline (electrical) then the system type, then the particular drawing itself. We want to figure out how if possible, to have these three separate attributes in the same sheet list table cell.

We tried to do a multi-line text, which did place all three titles into one table cell, but then had issues with the multi-line text placing the three different titles into position on the title block.

Any suggestions or help would be great!

Thanks,

Ben

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rkmcswain
in reply to: nebsi04

We have done it the way you show in your image, but because of the sloppy table look, I've been doing something else.  We have 3 custom fields for use in the title block of each sheet. (T1, T2, & T3).  I then concatenate T1, T2, & T3 (yes, manually per sheet) into another sheet properties field (say, T4) and then use T4 as the reference in the sheet table.

Yes, it sort of defeats the purpose of the sheet set, and yes it means I have to make sure T4 always = T1+T2+T3, but that generally doesn't change once it's set, and my sheet sets are generally in the 18-25 sheet range, so even if they all change, it's a 20 min check/fix max.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost