Share new linetypes with others PCs

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
paulohlc
1751 Views, 3 Replies

Share new linetypes with others PCs

Hi.

I've created some linetypes with shapes (also created by myself) and I used them in a drawing. However, when I open this drawing in other PC, the linetypes don't recognize the shapes because they are saved in my PC.

Do you know any solution to incorporate this shapes/linetypes to the drawing in a way that it could be open in any others PCs without changing configurations in these others PCs.

I'm asking because this drawing will be checked by other people who doesn't work at the same place and it is impossible to change configurations in their PCs. Thanks!

Paulo

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ukdxb012
in reply to: paulohlc

You could always etransmit the drawings and manually add the SHX and LIN files so the external user has them.

If this is internal, but sharing per office. You could place the SHX and LIN files in a shared common folder and add the support path to each AutoCAD profile.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: paulohlc

Linetype definitions are saved in the drawing, but there is no way to embed the shape file in the drawing. A similar situation applies to font based complex linetypes. You define the textstyle in the linetype, but you have no control over the font and/or other properties of that textstyle once it's out of your control.

Send the SHX when you send the DWG. Use eTransmit to assist if needed.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 4
paulohlc
in reply to: ukdxb012

Thanks for the tip.

The etransmit isn't properly what I was looking for, but can be an option.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost