Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Dimstyle in a template

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
AaronViet
751 Views, 5 Replies

Setting Dimstyle in a template

I am trying to set up new drawing templates. I'm using ACAD 2015 Mechanical. I have created a template (.dwt file) and incorporate a standard custom dimstyle. I have gone into the template and set this new style current, again, and again, and again... and everytime I do a "new" and use my new template, that dimstyle is no longer current. HELP!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: AaronViet

You cannot overwrite a DWT file, so you're probably not changing it in there at all.

Rename the file extension to DWG in WIndows Explorer, Open AutoCAD, open this now DWG file, make your change, set it as the current DIMSTYLE, save your file, close AutoCAD. Rename the extension back to DWT in WIndows Explorer.

UNLESS.... things are done differently in MECH and it's vertical version of dimensioning, then you need to post in that forum and ask your peers bout it all http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-mechanical/ct-p/2002
Message 3 of 6
nestly2

Does the custom Dimstyle appear in the drawing, but it won't remain "Current", or is your custom dimstyle missing entirely when using the "New" button?

Are you certain that you're using the template you've customized?  Double check the path and filename for QNEW in Tools > Options > Files and/or try opening your custom template with the OPEN dialog box.

Message 4 of 6
AaronViet

Must be different for Mechanical.. But thanks, and thanks for the
directions!

Aaron Viet

Engineering Design Manager

PH# 330-998-5120

AaronV@cgthermal.com

CG THERMAL, LLC
Message 5 of 6
AaronViet
in reply to: nestly2

Nestly, Yeah, it's there, it just isn't current. Ideally I won't have to update the dimstyle with every new drawing.

Message 6 of 6
nestly2

I don't have Mechanical, but perhaps this topic will solve the mystery  LINK if not, is it possible you have some custom code (acaddoc,lsp / lisp) that's setting the Dimstyle?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost