Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set hatch origin behaviour different between command line and dialog

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lucdoucet_msdl
345 Views, 2 Replies

Set hatch origin behaviour different between command line and dialog

I've been troubleshooting a problem when reselecting origin points for existing hatchs and have noticed that the command line set origin result differs from the dialog box command when I am in a UCS other than World.

In essence, the dialog box command gives the desired result, but the command line version results in a origin other than the point selected. It seems that the ribbon button also invokes the command line version.

Dialog: HATCHEDIT, pick hatch, pick Click to set origin in the Hatch origin, pick origin = expected result

Command line: -HATCHEDIT | Origin | Set new Origin, pick origin, No = different result 

Is it expected that the two commands give different results?

If not, what are the correct command line options to ensure that the origin point is correctly set?

Luc Doucet.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
3wood
in reply to: lucdoucet_msdl

Hatchedit doesn't work properly in UCS. This issue has been discussed and it is a bug at this stage.

Message 3 of 3
lucdoucet_msdl
in reply to: 3wood

Can you clarify if both the command line and dialogue versions of HATCHEDIT are buggy is a UCS or is it only the command line version that is?

I would also like to know if there is a listing of the bug description so that I can learn more about what to expect from using the buggy version. Or is there a workaround.

Thank you,

Luc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost