Set Default File Location

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
KenJG
1265 Views, 3 Replies

Set Default File Location

Hello All, 

I would like to know where I can set my default files location in ACAD2014. When I click open (ctrl-o) it will search in that location only. I know it store previous files, but if I want to look in the main folder, this is what I want to setup. 

Thank you
KenJG

Thank You

KenJG
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: KenJG

No such thing by default in AutoCAD, it all depends on how you start AutoCAD and when you use OPEN.

BUT... you can add whatever folder you want to the OPEN dialog box (left-side) and click there before saving (or when you need to browse).
Message 3 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

maybe the sysvar REMEMBERFOLDERS (>>>details<<<) is a help?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 4
dmfrazier

"...if I want to look in the main folder"

If you use a desktop shortcut to launch AutoCAD, edit the shortcut's "start in" location to point to that folder.  (You might have to create your own desktop shortcut to be able to edit it - the one AutoCAD places there during installation may not be editable this way.)  You can edit the shortcut if the location changes, or you can make as many shortcuts as there are folders you would like to be able to start in.

Another option is to always launch AutoCAD by opening your "main folder" in Windows Explorer and dbl-clicking a DWG file located in that folder. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost