Did you mean: 

sending dwg file with pictures?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
10737 Views, 11 Replies

sending dwg file with pictures?

im trying to send a dwg file with pictures which but the pictures dont show up. i created a zip file using the etransmit option and the pictures show up in the file but you can not see the actual picture on the dwg file, only its path. is there a way i can send the file that the picture shows up on the dwg?

thank you

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Is the recipient UNZIPPING the file, placing all content into a folder, on their PC, then opening your DWG file? Any other method of accessing the DWG will not show referenced files in it.
Message 3 of 12
braudpat

Hello

Strange !

Because if ALL XREF DWGs and Images used by the main DWG are in the same folder as the Main DWG,

normally all XREFS and Images must be loaded without any problem ...

Have you ALL files in the same folder ?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: braudpat

I did extract it and its all saved in one file. i attached an example below which there were 3 pictures in the dwg and you see 2 in the zip file but they dont show up on the dwg.

Message 5 of 12
pendean

When I extracted your ZIP file, it offered the drawing1.dwg file and a subfolder with two images in them.
Opening your DWG file I see the two images and a box for a missing third one that you did not include.

Seems to be working just fine.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hi, what could be the reason why the third pic didnt attach? I have this problem every time i try to create a etransmit some of the pictures go missing

Message 7 of 12
maxim_k

Hi,
I think that it is because the third image is inside folder which has Hebrew symbols in it's name - it appears AutoCAD can not handle correctly such file paths, so in spite the folder itself is inside archive, there is no image file in folder with name:

פ ר ק ט  ע ץ  מ ס ד ר ת Comort -  פ ר ק ט  ש ט י ח  י ש י ר_files

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

i want to create garden designs with pictures and send them in DWG can some one explain as simply as possible how to do this?...please

Message 9 of 12
pendean
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks for taking the time to help me , im using Autocad lt for apple.

Message 11 of 12
pendean

I believe the exact same copy/paste processes ought to work if it's an option in the MAC versions: don't get too distracted by that link referencing Windows Paint, use any graphics app that will let you open the images and select-all. Try it and find out for sure.
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Tried every thing and more !! nothing works was is such a simple thing made so hard!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost