AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Contributor
aligili
Message 1 of 4 (179 Views)

send autocad commands in background

179 Views, 3 Replies
01-09-2013 09:00 AM

Hi  ,

Is it possible to send autocad commands in background, not via creating another AcadApplication? At first I came across ReadDwg function but it only gives access to Database object not the Document. Then I saw plot/publish functionality in Cad, which it seems jobs[sending commands?] are being done in background.

Thanks,

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (170 Views)

Re: send autocad commands in background

01-09-2013 09:17 AM in reply to: aligili

What are you trying to achieve?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 3 of 4 (167 Views)

01-09-2013 09:23 AM in reply to: aligili

Hi,

>> Then I saw plot/publish functionality in Cad, which it seems jobs[sending commands?]

No, AutoCAD starts a second EXE for doing the plot. There is no sendcommand or something like that.

AutoCAD at least can't do multitasking (with very few exceptions for display), so there are also no "background-command" available as I understand you meant it (starting commands that run some functions while goon working).

With AutoCAD 2013 you have got a separate EXE (ACCORECONSOLE.EXE), that is an AutoCAD without graphics interface, built for scripting (or whatever automation that does not need a graphic display). May be you can start that EXE in background and let it do it's work while you do your work in another drawing in the default ACAD.EXE

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor
aligili
Message 4 of 4 (143 Views)

01-10-2013 01:27 AM in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean,

The same functionality as creating new AcadApplication dose, but this autocad instance gets visible when any command is send to it though the visible property is false. Another issue is that its icon is also visible in taskbar.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.