Did you mean: 

Selecting multiple tags to re-order in BATTMAN

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
PafecDOGS
945 Views, 4 Replies

Selecting multiple tags to re-order in BATTMAN

Hi - i assume its impossible to select multiple tags in BATTMAN to move up or down? I can do it singly but i've got a title block with 5-6 attributes for each revision entry and when we add new ones to the block they get put at the top and have to be moved down one at a time. Its a real pain. I dont suppose there are any free 3rd party utilities/commands like BATTMAN i could install that would do this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: PafecDOGS

BATTMAN works on one block at a time, but as many attributes as there are in that block can be edited individually in the same command session.

Perhaps you just need to REFEDIT or BEDIT your block and manage all the attribute properties with PROPERTIES palette while in those commands?
Message 3 of 5
PafecDOGS
in reply to: pendean

I'm not sure how those commands you've mentioned (i am familiar with BEDIT but not REVEDIT) help me. I'll try and explain the issue a bit clearer ...

I'm only working on one block, in this case a title blocks revisions area, which has a total of 80 attributes, in 10 groups of 8, each groups 8 diff attributes has the same tag name, but with a diff number appended, e.g REV1, DATE1, USER1 etc in the first group is REV2, DATE2, USER2 etc in the next group, and so on, so all the tags are different. As the drg goes up in rev, the user who does the change records the data in the next available group. If a drg gets changed so much we use all the groups up, I edit the block using BEDIT - the earliest group of tags then gets deleted and all the the other groups shuffle back one as it were, creating a new space for another group. I add the new group as REV11, DATE11, USER11 etc but when the block is inserted the new groups appears at the top in the dialog box, when i want it to appear at the end of the dialogue box, after the entries for REV10, DATE10, USER10 etc. I have to use BATTMAN to reorder those new attrbutes, by moving them down, but it only does it one at a time...

Message 4 of 5
RamyaSeshadri
in reply to: PafecDOGS

Hi,

We had the same problem too. I'm not fully sure but I dont think there is a way to select multiple attributes at a time.

If you have to move only 4 or 5 atttributes, only for REV 11, then I think there's no other choice than to move it individually.

If you have to end up moving many of them, if possible, you may have to explode, create and redefine the block again for this particular drawing, and while creating you have to pick each of the 80 attributes in the order that you need. Pick all the lines and other components first, then all the attributes one by one. Even though its tiresome, I feel its a better one time effort, than moving them up and down in battman if there are too many to change.

After doing so, make sure to use battman and sync the block if you have used the same block name.

Regards,

Ramya.

Message 5 of 5
PafecDOGS
in reply to: RamyaSeshadri

Thanks, Ramya, knew about the exploding block and selecting them in order thing, but if i do that i lose all the entries typed in for the previous revs! We wont be altering the main title block, just a few odd drgs where the revisions table is full up and its being revised again, so i'm altering the block locally. Guess i'll just have to sit there clicking away one at a time, and meanwhile fend off the comments from my colleagues to stop making that racket! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost