Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select text using the Annotative scale

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dvertz
812 Views, 3 Replies

Select text using the Annotative scale

I have a very old drawing that has been updated several times. It started way back before Annotative text/mtext was available and has been updated to include some annotative text/mtext. It contains scales of 50 and 200. I am now updating again with yet another new scale of 100. All I need are the text/mtext entities that have the 200 scale. All other text/mtext entities can be removed for this update. Is there a way I can select only the entities that contain the 200 Annotative scale?

Thanks.

Civil 3D 2022,
Windows 10 Pro, x64, Nvidia Quadro P1000
Intel Core i9-11900k; 3.50GHz, 32 GB RAM, 500GB WD BLACK M.2

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: dvertz

There can't be multiple Annotative scaled text/dims in modelspace, or is that an option in Civil (wrong forum if that's true)?

Annotative or not-annotative would be the only choices: for that you can use SELECTSIMILAR command. Or just reset the CANNOSCALE to your newly desired "200" and they will auto-reset.
Message 3 of 4
dvertz
in reply to: pendean

pendean,

I appreciate your quick reply. But I am a little lost in your response.

First, I said nothing about modelspace. And in general the space your in wouldn't have much to do with selection sets, and that is what I was attempting to do. Select entities based on a property, the property being the annotative scale.

Second, I now realize I am in the Autocad forum and not the Civil 3D forum. My apologies. However, dealing with Annotative objects should have no difference in what vertical version (if any) one is using. I cannot imagine that Autocad "vanilla" doesn't support multiple Annotative scales. To verify try this. Select any text, go to properties pallet and look for the Annotative property. If it set to no, change it to yes. If it says yes, then directly below that is the Annotative scale. Select that and then click the ellipse button to the right. This will list all the scales applied to the entity. If there is only one, click add. Then select another scale and add it. Now you will have more than one scale assigned to that entity. And the space your in still doesn't matter.

None-the-less, we managed to figure out a way to do just what was needed. Here's how ...

Got to a viewport. In my case the viewport was the 100 scale. Turn on the annovisibility for all scales (ANNOALLVISIBLE). This allowed the non-annotative text and the 200 scale text to show but not the 50 scale. Then box in all entities for selection. Next go to QSELECT and change MULTIPLE to TEXT and select ANNOTATIVE and YES. This will filter the selection to the 200 annotative scaled entities. Now go to properties and set the annotative property to NO. That strips all annotative scales from the entities. Now change the annotative property back to YES. That adds back only the current scale, in my case only the 100 scale. Repeat these steps for the mtext entities. Now go back and reset the annovisibility (ANNOALLVISIBLE).

And that's it, only the 100 scale is attached to what was 200 scale entities. All other entities still exist in the drawing, in case I need them later, but they don't show in my viewport.

Civil 3D 2022,
Windows 10 Pro, x64, Nvidia Quadro P1000
Intel Core i9-11900k; 3.50GHz, 32 GB RAM, 500GB WD BLACK M.2

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dvertz

First, I said nothing about modelspace. And in general the space your in wouldn't have much to do with selection sets, and that is what I was attempting to do. Select entities based on a property, the property being the annotative scale.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean has been off his game for a while now.  That seems to be a theme around here; only read part of the question/issue, then respond in a way that isn't really on topic while interjecting personal opinion instead of just answering the question.  Oh, then there are the argument threads... It's like a geeky ACAD D waving match.  This place has too many experts for its own good.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost