Did you mean: 

Scaling Issues!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
emycko
302 Views, 4 Replies

Scaling Issues!

Hello, 

I am currently working in AutoCAD 2015.  My company has recently gone international and I haven't worked much with Metric.  I need to find the scale of a design that was sent over to me so I can scale to match my current scale.  Basically, I would open the CAD file from the client and clipboard copy & paste the blocks and settings over to the clients CAD.  The issue is my blocks are way larger than the clients.  I don't really understand scale as much as I should and it give me a headache dealing with it.  Is there a "lazy" way of getting the two drawings to match scales?

Thank you in advance

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kentr8
in reply to: emycko

1"=2.54cm
Message 3 of 5
conormccartney3897

There are two types of metric that my company and I deal with on a regular basis. US metric, for US government jobs which is the exact conversion or "soft" metric, 1"=25.4mm. And Real, or International metric, which the rest of the world uses which is "Hard" metric, 1"=25mm, 12"=300mm, 24"=600mm, etc.
Message 4 of 5
hmahaffey

the quickest way to see if you can scale the clients drawings to yours is to insert their drawing into yours, then invoke the align command.  select 2 points that align asks you for, right click,  and then when it asks "Scale objects based on alignment points" select yes.

then just test the dimensions with the distance command (or a dim command, whatever you are familiar with) to see if the align scaled the drawing to yours.

Message 5 of 5
kentr8
in reply to: conormccartney3897

you got your hard and soft mixed up there conormccartney

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost