Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling Issue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sedington123
483 Views, 6 Replies

Scaling Issue

I take 3D models from Inventor, dimension them in Inventor, and then convert them to AutoCad files.  I sometimes do some extra dimensioning in AutoCad for various reasons.  My issue here is the scaling in AutoCad ended up being 1.25 so the layout was bigger then what the dimensions said.  This went unnoticed and we received a sheetmetal layout 25% bigger then what we needed.  I am assuming I did something to cause this but I can't figure out what.  I know it isn't the 2D scaling in Inventor because I do these layouts often and regardless if the layout is 40%, 50% 1.25% in Inventor, it converts to a 1:1 ratio in Autocad.  I couldn't have manually rescaled it in Autocad because if that was the case, my Inventor dimensions would have scaled down with it which wasn't the case.  (All my dimensions matched the print which is why I didn't notice the error until receiving the blanks.)

Let me know, thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: sedington123

Your AutoCAD LAYOUT (and viewports) end up at the wrong scale?
or your actual AutoCAD MODEL ends up at the wrong scale?
Message 3 of 7
sedington123
in reply to: pendean

I am assuming it is my autocad model since the dimensioning in Autocad is set to 1:1 scale and the dimensions are giving me different numbers then what the Inventor dimensions showed.  I am attaching a model so it is easier to understand.  Only other information you may need......The original layout in inventor was scaled down to .4, but that's what Inventor does, so the white dimensions shown are correct and to scale.  This autocad model was scaled too big (1.25) so I don't see the correlation.  

Message 4 of 7
Patchy

Your dimfactor is .8; you have to find out where it came from

Reset it to 1

Message 5 of 7
sedington123
in reply to: Patchy

Do you have any ideas where it could have come from?  Could it have been automatically set due to the inventor model?  At this point i am assuming i changed something in my AutoCad properties and accidently switched the dimfactor

Thanks for the responses though!

Message 6 of 7
Patchy

Somewhere, somehow this number was set wrong.

Message 7 of 7
Leader_Mohamed
in reply to: Patchy

try 'dda' before scaling your project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost