AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

*Pro
nestly
Message 21 of 40 (2,314 Views)

Re: Scale command message: Extremely small scale factor ignored

06-24-2012 04:56 PM in reply to: NicholasWard

NicholasWard wrote:

Sorry, but how is this not difficult avoid? If coinciding snap points are the cause, then anywhere that two lines meet end to end will exhibit this problem. I cannot speak for others here but corners or t-junctions mark the origins of 99% of my scale commands, so this is a problem 99% of the time.

The video from Autocad 2011 is certainly a familiar scenario, but with 2013 the error message comes through instantly, regardless of whether the cursor has been moved or not.

Again, I'm not saying this shouldn't be fixed.  I can easily replicate the issue 100% of the time, but I have to "try" to make it happen.  If you truly cannot scale anything because it happens "instantly" I would try to be very deliberate with your mouse when picking the basepoint to see if you are inadvertenly moving the mouse when you release the button.

... or...

move the mouse a significant distance (something bigger than the APERTURE)  immediately after picking the basepoint.

... or....

Create a command macro to turn off running OSnaps during the SCALE command,

I really don't think the last suggestion is necessary if you fully understand why it's happening, so I've done a more detailed demo

http://www.screencast.com/t/XfalgHOOyYy

Are you by chance using an APERTURE that's larger than standard?

cbulow
Message 22 of 40 (2,251 Views)

07-02-2012 03:28 PM in reply to: fredrivardABL

I have the same stupid issue.  Hope they fix this soon. :smileymad:

Distinguished Contributor lai
Distinguished Contributor
lai
Message 23 of 40 (2,241 Views)

07-02-2012 11:36 PM in reply to: fredrivardABL

Me also come across this..quite very frustrating...It only start happen in version 2013.. I also hope that Autodesk can manage to come out with a hot fix on this matter after all, so many version out and i first time come across with this problem.

Valued Contributor
jhjirak
Message 24 of 40 (2,226 Views)

07-03-2012 07:37 AM in reply to: fredrivardABL

Fred I totally agree, the scale command problem needs to be fixed.  It interupts drafting work flow.  And this has never been a problem until version 2013 which is dissapointing.  Hopefully autodesk comes up with a hot fix soon.

*Pro
nestly
Message 25 of 40 (2,213 Views)

07-03-2012 09:35 AM in reply to: jhjirak

Have you guys reported this as a bug via the Subscription Support Request, or as a Feedback issue? 

doiscb
Message 26 of 40 (2,109 Views)

07-23-2012 06:27 AM in reply to: mbrown83709

Good day

I have the same problem but changed the OSNAP they spoke up - saved format in 2013 and he returned to scale.
When I saved the same file format that was climbing in 2007 he stopped to climb again.
conclusion
It is incompatibility between older formats. AUTODESK believe will solve this.

BillHamlin1901
Message 27 of 40 (2,086 Views)

07-26-2012 12:35 PM in reply to: doiscb

My CAD Manager had me draw construction lines off to the side of the object (a .pdf image) and use them to scale the obect with.

It is an annoyance. I can work with it.

*Expert Elite*
Bob_Zurunkle
Message 28 of 40 (2,063 Views)

07-28-2012 05:56 PM in reply to: BillHamlin1901

I think the key point is that those who posted here with the problem (which I am also having in 2013) are having the problem because it has not been an issue with previous releases in regards to the way they are used to using the program. Apparently, I too am used to working with my OSNAPs turned on, and putting my cursor as close to the endpoint as possible when picking it. Before I noticed this post, I had discovered the workaround for me was to hover a little farther away and let the cursor jump to the endpoint before I click.

I also noticed that although I still have the issue somewhat when I choose a command through a ribbon icon, it doesn't happen as often as when I use command aliases (which are supposed to be faster and "universal"). I don't know if that has any bearing on things. Hopefully someone from the Principal's Office will notice these posts and look into it.... :smileywink:

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted :smileyhappy:
applieddrawing
Message 29 of 40 (1,936 Views)

09-02-2012 09:02 AM in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Hi All,

I have had this problem on both a demo of the full version, and now my own LT version.  I would like to clarify a few things from the (slightly misdirected, IMHO) posts above.

a) It is core functionality that is broken.  This is very clearly a bug.  I cannot scale by reference in almost all cases.  Occasionally I do not get the problem -- if I can figure out anything different with those files I will post.  Could it be metric vs. architectural units?  Anyway, scaling by reference is one of the, say, top 10 or 20 most important commands in any drafting.  THIS IS A REAL PROBLEM.

b) The workarounds, while clever and helpful (thanks to all!), are huge time-wasters compared to what used to be standard functionality.  I'm impressed with the depth of knowledge and ingenuity on this forum, but that offers no apology for the fact that Autodesk released software with a heavy bug in basic functionality in it.  None of you has 'solved' the problem.  And everybody seems to be able to reproduce it.

c) Autodesk: please fix the problem!  This should be high on your priority list.  It's an embarassment, frankly.  It's most likely a very easy fix.

If Autodesk continues to ignore this problem, how can we escalate it?  Is there a more appropriate forum for posting real bugs? 

Waiting (praying?) for a patch...

George

Distinguished Contributor lai
Distinguished Contributor
lai
Message 30 of 40 (1,928 Views)

09-02-2012 05:42 PM in reply to: nestly

I am not sure how come for this latest version autodesk would have such a bug for this "Scale" command afterall, it wasnt a new command to them...Anyway, i also try to report this issue but then i can't find the pages to report the issue.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.