Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving 2014 .dwg to 2010 format

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
barry2104
1603 Views, 2 Replies

saving 2014 .dwg to 2010 format

I've installed 2014 on my computer but need to continue saving my files in 2010 format for sharing/compatibility.

I have already changed the format under Options / opening and saving/ / top left drop-down, selected: AutoCAD 2010/LT2010-Drawing(*.dwg)

...however this doesn't seem to be working. Same deal with colleagues/other computers too.

e.g. i still get a warning whenever I go to save (ctrl+s) a file saying that this drawing has previously been saved in 2010 format - do you really want to save as 2013 format?

The only get-around I am aware of is to save-as (which means I need to choose a different file name, then close the newly saved file, delete the old file from explorer window and then finaly change the new file name back to the original name, which is too much time compared to the old CTRL+S!!!)

is there another setting I need to tweak to get this Options setting to work properly??

Running AutoCAD Architecture 2020, in German
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: barry2104

I can't replicate the problem here in 2014. Note that my CTRL+S calls QSAVE command, what does your call? Look at your commandline.

ScreenShot001.png

ScreenShot002.png

Message 3 of 3
1Fabricator
in reply to: pendean

Barry,

When I need to Save any of my 2914 drawings as an older file type; I just hit SAVE AS, and change the 'Files of Type' box accordingly. ...hope this helps.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost