Did you mean: 

Rotate and Copy

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bvc123
2318 Views, 2 Replies

Rotate and Copy

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help me make multiple copies while rotating. I am running AutoCAD 2014 on my Mac. I am attempting to make multiple copies while maintaing the same base point. When I attempt to do so I can only make one at time. For example: I make a simple line. I then select the grip in the center of the line then right click and select ROTATE, then select a base point, then right click again and select COPY. I then hold down control and attempt to make more than one copy. I then left click and it rotates one copy, but then the command is over. I can't make another rotated copy without starting all over and selecting the base point again. It only allows me one copy and rotate at a time. It is very frustrating! I have attempted to use the command key, shift, command+control, command+shift, almost every combination possible. I have searched the internet looking for ways to do so and the only thing I have found simply states that all you have to do is hold down the control key and you can make as many copies as you'd like. It seems like a very simple command, but for some reason it does't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: bvc123

You shouldn't need to select a base point for the rotation if it is the same as the grip point you selected.

If the angles are the same - I would use an array instead.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/the-autocad-for-mac-forum-has-moved/td-p/470808...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
bvc123
in reply to: JDMather

I figured it out! I was selecting from the center grip of the line (which would then require me to select a base point). I needed to select either the bottom grip or the top grip, then left click on the grip (it turns red), then right click on ROTATE, then right click one more time and select COPY, then hold down the control key and I can make as many copies as I would like at any angle I would like. Thank you for the ARRAY suggestion, but I was trying to make copies at all different angles.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost