Did you mean: 

Rigid Insulation Lisp

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
pixelarch
3251 Views, 6 Replies

Rigid Insulation Lisp

Dear All,

Could any help me to create a lisp to draw the rigid insulation as attached.

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: pixelarch

Hi,

You can also try to ask here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/bd-p/130

but before asking, please take a moment to describe your needs in more details, because nobody knows what you want to get from this Lisp routine (parameters, type of rigid insulation or something else?)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 7
3wood

Have you tried to make a special linetype (for the rigid insulation) with MKLTYPE in Express Tools?

Message 4 of 7
pixelarch
in reply to: 3wood

Yes. I tried but it's not like my expect. It appeared as dot. When i change global width it appeared as attached

Message 5 of 7
3wood

Please follow the steps below:

1. Command MKSHAPE to make a shape as shown.

Use the red point as the insert point and select both yellow lines.

LTP1.png

2. Use SHAPE command to insert the shape you just made.

3. Use command MKLTYPE to make a line type, starting from the red point, ending at the green point, and select the shape you just inserted.

Now the new linetype is ready to use.

Results as shown below.

LTP2.png

Remember set the polyline width to 0. Change Linetype Scale of individule objects to get different width.

This method can be used to shown batter walls, but sometimes need change the line direction.

LTP3.png

Message 6 of 7
3wood

Other solutions without lisp to create such pattern include:

1. Make a customized hatch pattern and fill the boundary with associated hatch. This solution is prefect for linear style insulation, because it can have any shape at both ends, not like the linetype solution, sometimes the pattern extends out of the boundary if the end is not square. But it is not suitable for curved insulation if you want the pattern perpendicular to the curve line.

2. Similar as above, but use SUPERHATCH.

3. Create a dynamic block, include one unit of stagger lines and assign an array action to one unit of stagger lines with linear parameters (see attached dwg). Dynamic block can be stretched on both sides and can be clipped to the boundary. The only drawback is although you can make a complicated dynamic block to suit both linear and curved situation, but it may take a lot of efforts to build such block.

4. Create an array object with one unit of stagger lines. Not like dynamic blocks, array object can only be stretched on one end.

Message 7 of 7
murray-clack
in reply to: 3wood

Lot of great ideas here.  But for argument sake, if it is still a LISP routine that is wanted, here is one I created a few years ago

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost