Did you mean: 

Resize table rows and columns

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
29288 Views, 10 Replies

Resize table rows and columns

What's the fastest and easiest way to resize multiple rows and columns to match others without dragging grips.  See attached.

Example, I want to make rows 10,11,12 the same height as the others and make all the columns the same width as column A.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
steve216586
in reply to: Anonymous

TABLEDIT,

TABLESTYLE will allow you to modify the tabel in same dialog as when you create a table.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: steve216586

Thanks for the response.  I am aware of creating a table style to control the spacing.  How do I adjust the row height so they are all the same after I have manually grip edited them?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 11
jggerth

grab the bottom grip, amd drag it up as high as it will go.  row height will resize to the minimum needed to fit the content & margins

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: jggerth

Yup.  Got that.  But is there a way like in Excel to set multiple row heights or column widths in one shot.  Probably not.

Message 6 of 11
LyleHardin

You can pick and drag from INSIDE the upper left cell to INSIDE the lowest right cell to select the entire table of cells.

Now, in your Properties Manager, you should be able to set the height and width of those cells. 

You can also do this by selecting Rows or Columns.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: LyleHardin

Awesome.  Thanks.  Just what I was looking for.

Message 8 of 11
lcox-CRE

I select the tables but I only have Table Properties?  I can not find anywhere to adjust the height of the rows within it? Please help.

Message 9 of 11
LyleHardin
in reply to: lcox-CRE

You need to select the cells, not the table, for the properties of cell height to show up.

Pick and drag INSIDE the cells to select a row or rows.

---edit---

But, after looking at your image again, I notice it's a Civil 3D piping table. That is a different animal than a regular AutoCAD Table, I think.

You should probably post that question in the Civil 3D forums. It may work the same, but it may have to do with the Civil 3D table styles.

Message 10 of 11
R.SINGH5

How to make columns with alternate width size ?

@LyleHardin @Anonymous @jggerth @steve216586 

Message 11 of 11
David125

I tried this with no success, is there a limit as to how much a cell can be reduced in height? I can make the cell larger but not smaller. It is actually 3 merged cells on the excel file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost