Did you mean: 

Repathing ECW's to no path

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
brianivery
397 Views, 7 Replies

Repathing ECW's to no path

I have a group of files that were dxf’d in to AutoCAD. The files have accompanying ECW’s that I need to have attached with no path. The ECW’s are in the same file folder as the drawing files and can be accessed and managed in the Xref Manager. My goal is to avoid detaching and reattaching each ECW, because their georeferencing functionality dictates that they all have different insertion points as opposed to xref’s who in general are inserted at 0,0. To the best of my knowledge the normal repathing procedure performed on xref’s in the Xref Manger  dialogue box is ineffective in efforts of repathing ECW’s.

Thanks in advance

Brian Ivery

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi,

when I use the XRef dialog, right-click onto the ECW and use path==>remove (like you can see in my screenshot, sorry for German language) the repathing to "no path" works for me, now tried in Civil 3D 2015 SP2.

2014-12-08 19-06-01.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
doni49
in reply to: brianivery

Uhhh -- what's an ECW?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: doni49

Hi,

>> what's an ECW?

it's a highly compressed raster file format (including the option to have the geographic position stored in the file's header.

>>>details<<<.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 8
brianivery
in reply to: doni49

Sorry, I hadn't noticed your question but I see that it has already been answered thoroughly.

Message 6 of 8

I did understand you to say that you are using Civil 3D 2015, correct? I am using Civil 3D 2012 and that capability is not available. I guess that is all the more reason for my employer to upgrade.

Thank you

Message 7 of 8

Hi,

>> I am using Civil 3D 2012 and that capability is not available

Well, this forum here handles AutoCAD questions from 2013 to 2015 😉

And yes, sorry, the repathing of XRef's was not available in 2012 (this was introduced in 2013 or 2014, don't know that at the moment).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 8

New to forums, hadn't noticed until you answered that I was in the wrong place but your answer was very helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost