Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover whenever exiting autocad with save prompt.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
info
709 Views, 5 Replies

Recover whenever exiting autocad with save prompt.

Hello!

Is anyone having the same issue as me ?

On Autocad exit, it prompts me if I want to save the drawing I am in. I then click Yes. When I re-open this same file later on, it always asks me to recover it. 

If I save via the save command, and exit after, then it does not need to recover the drawing....

This starts to get annoying when using Sheetsets, because it does not plot the entire job correcty.

Thanks for your help on this !

Guillaume

Autocad 2015 Full,PC, Windows 7 SP1.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nestly2
in reply to: info

Did you change the Autosave path to a location that doesn't permit Autocad to automatically delete them when closing normally?

Message 3 of 6
info
in reply to: nestly2

Nestly2, I have autosave enabled, but the path has not been changed. It remains at c:\Users\user1\appdata\local\temp\
Message 4 of 6
nestly2

When the Recovery manager opens, which drawing file has the most recent date.... the .sv$ file, the .dwg file or the .bak file?

Message 5 of 6
info
in reply to: nestly2

Neslty2,

When I open the file, make some modifs in the drawing and close the file - the save prompt opens up. I save. The file closes.

In the file folder, the .dwg is saved with current time and date.

The .bak is not updated.

In the "temp" folder, where the autosaves are saved, these files appear - see image.

I have the Civil 3D plugin installed - to convert and read AEC objects... Would this be part of the issue ? Although the saving error does not appear 100% on each drawing I work on and it does not seem this error came up after I installed this. It has been installed for a while now.

Thank you for your time,

Guillaume

SAVE_ERROR_RECOVER.JPG

Message 6 of 6
info

One more thing - I have just uninstalled the Objects Enabler for Civil 3D and this error seems not to appear anymore... Very strange and unconvenient ... Having the possibility to purge and clean Civil 3D drawings directly in Autocad is a very time-saving tool... Any thoughts ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost