Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover files acting strangely!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
antob26
756 Views, 5 Replies

Recover files acting strangely!!

We have recently upgraded to Autocad LT 2015 in our office. On a few occasions it has crashed on me and I have had some strange issues with recovery files. The drawings are saving to the wrong file name. For example if I have two drawings open, Drawing A & Drawing B. When Autocad crashes I'm asked if I would like to attempt to save a recovery file to which I select Yes. I reopen Autocad and try to open the recovery file from the folder in which drawing A is contained, titled Drawing_A_recover as expected. Now the strange bit, when I open the file and run recover, Drawing A actually contains the drawing information from Drawing B. Really can't figure out why this happens!! Anyone else having similar issues?

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rkmcswain
in reply to: antob26

This is not a direct answer to your question, but generally speaking if you are getting the dialog shown below, it's best to answer NO to avoid introducing corrupt data into your drawing file.  Answer No to this, then go back to the last saved DWG or SV$ file.

autocad-cannot-continue2.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 6
ladidi

This has happened in our office as well.  We have Architecture 2015.  It has happened on more than one computer (program installed individually per computer).  We did not select any option to save a recover file - it did it automatically when the computer restarted after installing updates (drawing files left open overnight).

Message 4 of 6
Anne2345

we have the exact same issue with Autocad LT 2015.

we all experience this problem when a drawing crashes and autocad suggests recovery.

however, one colleague who works mostly on older files has this problem more often as these drawings more often crash. she also mentions that the it is always the same file that appears in the overwritten recovered drawings. So when A, B, C, D crash and are recovered, each time B appears.

has someone found a solution yet?

Message 5 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anne2345

Fix those files, the program alone will not: RECOVER command to open them, RECOVERALL if they contain XREFs, then QSAVE after you run PURGE command.
Message 6 of 6
pendean
in reply to: ladidi

Don't leave file drawings open overnight unattended.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost