Did you mean: 

Raster image plot problem

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
erik.andersen
5080 Views, 20 Replies

Raster image plot problem

Hi everyone.

I am having some problem with plotting Raster image.

From time to time I need to use raster image as a background such as the example in the attachment. Here you can see that the raster image is only plotting half of the image. Are there anything I can do with this?.

Thank you.

Best regards
Erik Andersen
Project Engineer
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Hi,

what printer driver did you use?

Try the "DWG to PDF.pc3" and/or "DWF6 ePlot.pc3" ==> same issue?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 21

Hi.

Well that's some progress but not quite there jet.

It shows more of the Raster. see attachment.

Best regards
Erik Andersen
Project Engineer
Message 4 of 21

Hi,

are you running Win7 32bit or 64bit? How much memory is built in your workstation? And looking to the taskmanager, how much memory is used while AutoCAD created the preview?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 21

Win 7 64 bit.

RAM 8GB

Memory usage while plotting 1,3GB

Best regards
Erik Andersen
Project Engineer
Message 6 of 21

Not in total though. Total is about 85%
Best regards
Erik Andersen
Project Engineer
Message 7 of 21

Hi,

just guessing, sorry ... if you convert your image to another format (e.g. if it is currently TIFF ==> convert it to PNG) and reference this new one, do the problem exist again?

BTW: what filesize does the image have? And .. have you referenced it or embedded it as OLE object?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 21

I tryed to use other printer drivers. CutePDF, AdobePDF Microsoft XPS Document Writer, and DWF6ePlot. I have been using DWG to PDF as default. All plot diferent parts of the Rasterimage.
Best regards
Erik Andersen
Project Engineer
Message 9 of 21

Hi,

I meant to change the format of the image in the drawing, unload the existing image, then convert it to another format and reload this new image.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 10 of 21

I have changed the image from JPG to png and TIF, changed it from referance to OLE with no progress.

The image size is 862 kB (PNG) or 105 kB (JPG)

Best regards
Erik Andersen
Project Engineer
Message 11 of 21

Hi,

well, when you insert/reference this image into a new drawing, are there also parts missing when plotting?

Other questions:

- have you restarted your system in the meantime (when AutoCAD needs 1.3GB out of 8GB, but memory is used up to 85% I guess there are a lot of other apps running).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 12 of 21
3wood
in reply to: erik.andersen

Is the image clipped?

Message 13 of 21
erik.andersen
in reply to: 3wood

No the image is not clipped.

The only part missing is part of the Raster Image. The same thing happens when I use the default templates.

In order to use the crane you can see in the drawing attached to the first post I need to change the Default unit ti Unitless and the Insertion Scale to Unspesified - Unitless.
Best regards
Erik Andersen
Project Engineer
Message 14 of 21

Even if I change nothing at all on the default templates the image is still missing some of the top part or the left part.

By just adding the image, change the viewport shade plot to anything other than wireframe and plotting to PDF when the image is completely covering the viewport. and the same thing happen.
Best regards
Erik Andersen
Project Engineer
Message 15 of 21

Hi,

if it's easy to reproduce with a new drawing can you create a new drawing, prepare a layout where we can try our plotting and upload dwg+image (e.g. using etransmit)? For me it looks more like workstation-depending, but when others have tested this it's more clear.

Do you have the option to login to your workstation with another Windows user name and try it again?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 16 of 21

Hi.

I attach a drawing and the image file if anyone is interested in trying it out for themself.

I am not able to log on this workstation with another user. but I can say that the same thing happen on my laptop.

Best regards
Erik Andersen
Project Engineer
Message 17 of 21

Hi,

sorry, what I get looks correct (attached).

>> I am not able to log on this workstation with another user. but I can say that the same thing happen on my laptop.

What version of Civil3D are you running (I guess 2013, right)? Have you checked that you are up-to-date with your servicepacks (>>>click<<<)?

Have you transferred the AutoCAD profile from your workstation to the laptop or created the AutoCAD profile from scratch? ...or are you connected to a server with server-stored Windows profiles? (then both AutoCAD profiles may be synchronized and so may contain the same problem).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 18 of 21

Sorry but that is just anoying 😃
Best regards
Erik Andersen
Project Engineer
Message 19 of 21

It seems that is has nothing to do with autocad. Two others have tried and had no problem. It must be a workstation related problem. Can have something to do with adobe reader. But it is confusing because of the same problem occur with other printer/ plotter drivers such as CutePDF, AdobePDF, DWG to PDF and so on.

Anyway thanks for the help. I will have to try and reinstall and update adobe to see if it has any difference.
Best regards
Erik Andersen
Project Engineer
Message 20 of 21
jggerth1
in reply to: erik.andersen

Whenever i run into 'weird' issues plotting to PDF, my fallback has been to plot to DWF _first_, and then print the DWF to PDF from Design Review.

might be3 worth a try -- at the least it's another option to keep in mind.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost