Did you mean: 

Random Cursor Snap

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
alb01
1090 Views, 8 Replies

Random Cursor Snap

Hi,

Has anyone else had a problem with the cursor snapping to the origin point after selecting objects to move, copy etc. I have had this happening for some time and its starting to become anoying. About 80% of the time, when I select objects to move, copy etc and hit enter to select the origin point, the cursor snaps off into the distance and seems to be selecting the UCS origin.

Andy Ideas, Thanks

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
steve216586
in reply to: alb01

Same here about 20% and mostly only with COPY. I just want to verify that it is happening to others and not a problem with your setup.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 9
alb01
in reply to: steve216586

Does anyone know the cause and a possible solution.

Message 4 of 9
jggerth1

That does not happen here, unless I double-tap enter or space, and take the default <Displacement> option.

Command: CO
COPY 4 found

Current settings: Copy mode = Multiple
Specify base point or [Displacement/mOde] <Displacement>:  (hit enter here, and it grabs some point I don't want as first point)
Specify second point or [Array] <use first point as displacement>: (hit enter here, and it's always wrong)

Message 5 of 9
steve216586

It may be the mouse I'm using. It may be sensing a double click. (ENTER, ENTER)

I'll switch to a new one and check the results.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 6 of 9
alb01
in reply to: steve216586

Thanks for the input, I have adjusted the double click speed of my trackball to see if that makes any difference. It may be that this was the cause of the problem although I hadn't made any changes prior to the start of the prob.

Message 7 of 9
alb01

Update - Still getting the same problem after adjusting the settings. Looks to happen more on move command but also on stretch and copy.
Message 8 of 9
Bob_Zurunkle

Is ORTHO on at the time?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 9 of 9
alb01
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Ortho is not on, I do use polar with a 45 degree setting, but I have always used this even before the problem started.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost