Did you mean: 

R2015 "dashed" highlighting

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
RichLamb
8951 Views, 9 Replies

R2015 "dashed" highlighting

In Acad 2015 is there a variable to change the selected items highlighting to be “dashed”? It used to be in the option dialog box under “selection”, “visual effect settings” but it is not there in R2015. I work with allot of vector lines over raster images and the “thicken” highlighting only, does not show well on my screen.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
sthompson1021
in reply to: RichLamb

Hi, try the SELECTIONEFFECT sys var. Set it too 0

Message 3 of 10
RichLamb
in reply to: RichLamb

YES thank you very much

Richard Lamb
Aviation Technical Services
p) 425.423.3775
richard.lamb@atsmro.com
[X]

This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information which may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. This communication may contain technical data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act and/or the Export Administrations Act of 1979. Violations of applicable export laws are subject to severe civil and/or criminal penalties. As the designated recipient, you are required to take the appropriate measures to safeguard this information before forwarding or printing this e-mail and any associated attachments. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, reproduction, or distribution of the message and its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy this message, delete any copies which may exist on your system and notify the sender immediately. Thank you for your cooperation.
Message 4 of 10
nuwul
in reply to: sthompson1021

when using SELECTIONEFFECT, it only change the glowing selection to dash but i don't want that. How to turn off both so that when i hover to object, nothing will be highlighted???

Message 5 of 10
tim.turner
in reply to: nuwul

Under Options on the Selection tab does unchecking the Selection preview options (lower right corner) command active and no command active do what you want?

Message 6 of 10
nrz13
in reply to: sthompson1021

Do note that if you use a lot of solid hatches, there's a performance problem in AutoCAD 2015 when SELECTIONEFFECT is set to 0 (dashed).

See this thread for more details:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-2015/2015-amp-Selecting-multiple-objects-NOT-a-PICKA...

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 7 of 10
zalant
in reply to: nrz13

Also, I wanted to point out here the variable PRESELECTIONEFFECT.  This affects the selection preview, and whether or not pre-selection hightlighting will be dashed lines or the new glowing highlight (applies only when Selection Preview and hardware acceleration is enabled).

Zac Travis
Message 8 of 10
nuwul
in reply to: tim.turner

thanks... it helps 

Message 9 of 10
RoiMonod1083
in reply to: nuwul

Isn't it great how they move stuff like this out of the dialog boxes so you have to hunt for it. Less intuative, less user friendly, less logical.

Message 10 of 10
nestly2
in reply to: RoiMonod1083

Let them know what you think about the changes they've made.

Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost