AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

*Expert Elite*
scot-65
Message 1 of 4 (193 Views)
Accepted Solution

R2014 HPASSOC Gone Bonkers

193 Views, 3 Replies
03-13-2014 08:55 AM

There is one R2014 workstation (out of 5) where HPASSOC is misbehaving.

HPASSOC = 1

- After the BHATCH object is created, and properties are applied to the hatch (layer, color, etc.),

the surrounding objects have their properties adjusted as well.

- Moving only the hatch should result in hatch associativity being removed, however for this one

workstation the objects surrounding the hatch is also moved, as if permanently bound to the hatch.

I have verified HPBOUND is set to 1.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, and if so, how did you resolve this?

Scot-65
Dyslexia is a permanent physical disability that cannot be seen.
Introverts is proof that there is indeed intelligent life on this planet.

Noting another side effect:

When mirroring an existing hatch (created by others) that is associatively bound to it's surrounding objects, the hatch disappears. POOF... GONE!

We reset the profile, reloaded all the customizations, and all is working fine (so far).

Product Support
pothied
Message 2 of 4 (155 Views)

Re: R2014 HPASSOC Gone Bonkers

03-17-2014 07:54 AM in reply to: scot-65

I would suggest doing a Reset to Default and/or a Repair on the installation to see if that will fix this issue.

To do a repair, close AutoCAD, open the control panel -> select Uninstall a Program -> select AutoCAD 201x ->  select Uninstall/Change -> select Repair or Reinstall and select Repair. Restart AutoCAD and test.

To Reset to default, close AutoCAD, go to the Start menu -> All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 201x > Reset Settings to Default. After doing this restart AutoCAD and test to see if your problem is resolved.

David Pothier

*Expert Elite*
scot-65
Message 3 of 4 (144 Views)

03-17-2014 03:30 PM in reply to: pothied
I'll have to get back to you on this. The software is installed on a virtual machine where there are at least 5 workstations that are tied into it. It is this one workstation that is behaving in this manner. The virtual machine is w8 while all the tied in workstations are running w7. I would suspect his third party tools that are doing this, but his tools are hand-migrated from earlier releases where there was no issue, and his tools are simple compared to my programming abilities. It was not my idea to set up this virtual environment.
Scot-65
*Expert Elite*
scot-65
Message 4 of 4 (118 Views)

03-21-2014 02:45 PM in reply to: pothied

Noting another side effect:

When mirroring an existing hatch (created by others) that is associatively bound to it's surrounding objects, the hatch disappears. POOF... GONE!

We reset the profile, reloaded all the customizations, and all is working fine (so far).

Scot-65
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!