Did you mean: 

R13 Xrefs not inserting to World UCS

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
742 Views, 3 Replies

R13 Xrefs not inserting to World UCS

Hi

I have 4 plans of the a building in separate files, all set to world ucs.  I xref in ground floor to the first floor, then move the first floorr so it aligns. I complete the same process for plant room and roof. Having saved all the files I then xref back the first floor into the ground floor using the insertion point as 0,0,0 but the plans do not align???!!! I do the same for the other plans, the plant room plan aligns with ground floor whilst the roof plan aligns with fist floor [but not ground].

I have tried reinserting numerous times but am missing something?  The files were supplied to us as dwg format but I do not know the full history.

Any suggestion please, it is driving me nuts!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Not align meaning they are rotated?

Open each drawing and type in BASE, set all of them at 0,0,0

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

Hi, thank for the response.

No rotation is fine, the plan is just offset verticall and horizontally, what is strange is that the two plans that don't align are offset by the same amount?

thanks

mark

Message 4 of 4
dmfrazier
in reply to: Anonymous

One thing that comes to mind is that you may be dealing with duplicate block definitions.  Do the dwgs you are xreffing have inserts of a block definition that also exists in the parent (destination) dwg?  If so, it may be that the definition in the parent is slightly "off" compared to the defintion in the file you are xreffing in, and the block is being re-defined upon insert.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost