"Use Icons" and Command line queries and Display full path

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
civil_techy
735 Views, 4 Replies

"Use Icons" and Command line queries and Display full path

Hi Guys,

3 Quick questions....

1. In Autocad 2013, I have been seaching to see if there is a command I can type to change the drafting settings down the bottom of the screen, from 'use Icons' to 'text'. Everytime I open cad I like to see the text style. And is this the sort of place you can use the "record" command under, 'manage'?

2. Also another question is there anyway of controlling the number of lines for the command line. I.e. I stretch it so I can see 3 lines and next time I open Cad it defaults back to 2 lines.

3. And lastly under options, under the open and save, I like to see "display full path in title" I use a setting called Osmode and find that whether I have it turned on or off it seems to always give the same number. Is there a command I can type to have this always on, or lisp I can drop into my startup suite?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: civil_techy

Hello from France

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

In theory, you can prepare your AutoCAD 20xx as you wish ...

then command "OPTIONS" / Tab "Profiles" then Create a New profile called for example "beautiful"

Then copy/paste your ACAD shortcut, rename the new one and change the properties of the new shortcut

At the end of the target field, please add :  /P BEAUTIFUL

And test/use it ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
civil_techy
in reply to: braudpat

Bonjour,
Thanks for the prompt reply, sorry I should have said I already have a profile and, all of the items 1, 2 & 3 are not being controlled by it.

Cheers

Message 4 of 5
braudpat

Hello

Sorry for my bad answer, it was a reflex without AutoCAD !

Next time, I will check before answering ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
nestly2

1) If you choose to display text instead of icons, that setting should be retained between sessions. You're saying it always displays icons on startup even if it was "text" when you closed AutoCAD last time?

2)  Command line height is a Workspace setting.  Save your workspace after adjusting the Command line

3)  I don't understand the references to "OSMODE" and "Display Full path in title" in the same question?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost