"Press Die Design And Make! cxdie@126.com" Message pop-up

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
KRKoz
2127 Views, 7 Replies

"Press Die Design And Make! cxdie@126.com" Message pop-up

Weird AutoCAD Pop Up Message from cxdie email address.JPG

Has anyone ever saw this? It just started and pops up when ever I open every AND any drawing! What is it? How do I stop it?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: KRKoz

its possible those files were infected with ransomware/malware

have you run those files through your virus scanner?

do you have backups of those files?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
KRKoz
in reply to: DarrenP

NO, I really mean any file from my hard drive or things on my work server that are 3 years old. My company has virus and malware on my laptop and I ran fresh scans and they didn't find anything - I also used the free version of Malwarebytes and it found nothing as well. No problems this morning then "out of the blue" I open an existing drawing and that window popped up. It does not seem to do anything other than annoy me, but I am worried it will get worse i.e., more problems???????

Message 4 of 8
KRKoz

So it is not just based on opening a drawing. This morning when I started AutoCAD the message window popped up and none of the menus or the welcome screen would start until I closed the message. Hopefully this additional info will help with a solution. 🙂

Message 5 of 8
KRKoz

Apparently I fixed it myself, for some reason it did not work yesterday, but just now I did another virus scan of my computer and now the pop up is GONE!?

Kaspersky detected and "Deleted virus Virus.Acad.Bursted.b \AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013 - English\R19.0\enu\Support\acad.mnl 11/21/2014 6:44:28 AM"

Message 6 of 8
JDMather

From one of your other posts - "...yesterday I copied something from a colleague ..."

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/produced-by-an-autodesk-educational-product/m-p...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
KRKoz

Back again!! Guess I will just have to deal with it!

Message 8 of 8
JDMather

@KRKoz wrote:

Guess I will just have to deal with it!

Deal with what?
The collegue who downloads infected student files (from who knows where, and who knows what else is downloaded)

or

the infection?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost