Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"OPEN" command

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sbennett
311 Views, 4 Replies

"OPEN" command

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 99% sure that when I use to use the OPEN command (not initially, but after starting work on a specific file) AutoCAD would return to that last folder I opened that file from... Now, it seems at some point AutoCAD remembers a certain folder (for some reason) and always returns to that folder.

Its frustrating for a few reasons, one being that I'm use to the old way, and when I go to save or saveas a file, I forget that I'm not in the folder I'm working in and I save in that folder that AutoCAD has chosen to default to.

REMEMBERFOLDERS isn't the solution

Thanks in advance for any help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
steve216586
in reply to: sbennett

My system opens the last folder where I saved to. Not the last folder I opened from.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 5
sbennett
in reply to: steve216586

I wasn't completely clear on how my folders are setup. I guess my post doesn't really make sense without that little piece of info... I use the "FAVORITES" option (to the left of the OPEN dialogue box) and save the folders I am currently working in most often. AutoCAD use to goto the last folder opened from... but somewhere along the line it settles on a default folder and always opens to it.

Message 4 of 5
GrantsPirate
in reply to: sbennett

REMEMBERFOLDERS = 0 is the solution, what do you have yours set to?  

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 5 of 5
sbennett
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Thanks for the input GP but thats not the solution... I've tried it set to 0 and to 1, neither solves my issue. Also, I'm in 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost