Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickselect broken: "entire drawing" is the only selection option.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3955 Views, 3 Replies

Quickselect broken: "entire drawing" is the only selection option.

See attachment to see what i mean. Notice how the icon next to the "entire drawing" dropdown menu is greyed out. It shouldn't be greyed out, and I used to be able to select a load of lines, blocks etc., then use quickselect to only select, among the selection, those that were red, or of a certain layer, or whatever.

Now I can't do that. I'm running AutoCAD 2014 on Windows 7, with one lisp routine active (StripMText, which I've disabled and tried a new drawing, but the problem is still present so hence isn't caused by the lisp routine).

Now when I try selecting some things then running QUICKSELECT, it will only select a specified selection in the ENTIRE DRAWING (useless), and also keep the original selection selected (less than useless).

"Select similar" serves as an inferior workaround for now, as while it selects individual layers, it doesn't select lines, blocks etc. in the same layer, and has no way to edit what it selects.

Only the 6th time this week I've had to come on this forum to fix a problem with AutoCAD... Any help appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Why don't you uncheck the lowest box and try again.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

So I had the box "append to current selection set" ticked in the QUICKSELECT window (see attached picture in OP).

Unticking that immediately fixed it. I thought appending to current selection would allow you to make additional window selections after the first selection, which is why I ticked it (and forgot about it), but apparently not.

Would be nice for the greyed out button, or command line, to say something like "untick "append to surrent selection set" in this window to get this thing back" or something, maybe something for a future version.

I sometimes regret posting about these errors so quickly, but there's two reasons I post anyway:

1) A solution *usually* takes at least half an hour (in this instance, someone has answered much quicker), depending on site activity and what the problem is

2) This might help someone with the same error in the future

Cheers anyway guys.

Message 4 of 4
nestly2

Uncheck "Append to Current Selection Set" at the bottom of the QuickSelect dialog and the "Select Objects" button should become active.

Ack... I'm too slow.  😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost