AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Active Contributor
mwaldenmeyer
Message 1 of 2 (166 Views)

Quick way to call the name of a layout in a field?

166 Views, 1 Replies
04-10-2013 12:21 PM

I use multiple layouts to produce build drawings and I use the name of the layout tab to identify the sheet on the shop floor.

I currently use a field in the titleblock that calls the system variable ctab, the problem is that whenever you update the fields, they all change to the name of the current tab, not the name of their own tab (by default, when you open the drawing, they all say Model).

I resort to building all of the layouts and converting that field to text prior to printing.

I'm looking to save a potentially confusing if missed step.

Thanks

Distinguished Mentor
steven-g
Message 2 of 2 (137 Views)

Re: Quick way to call the name of a layout in a field?

04-10-2013 10:11 PM in reply to: mwaldenmeyer

Check the variable FIELDEVAL is 31, unless you have a reason to set it differently, fields should update before a layout plots. I use the same CTAB in my drawing titles without problem.

Regards Steven Gray
Setting Out (Joinery Manufacturing)
Autocad 2013LT
Windows 7 professional
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.