Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about AutoCAD 2015

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
TECTHelpDesk
283 Views, 2 Replies

Question about AutoCAD 2015

We are currently having an issue with users saving their customized Workspaces in between CITRIX sessions. By default AutoCAD is saving the Workspace custom files to: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\R20.0\enu\support. I've looked in the AutoCAD application and in the Registry and do not see where this is set. Is there a way to change where AutoCAD saves and/or loads CUIX files default location?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: TECTHelpDesk

There is no such thing as a "workspace file".  AutoCAD uses two CUIx files - Main and Enterprise.  Main is read-write, and is the place where users save their workspace changes.  It also contains any user-created toolbars, menus, and other UI content.  Enterprise is read-only and is the place where corporate UI content is provided, including any basic workspaces.  Both paths are set through the Options dialog.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
TECTHelpDesk
in reply to: dgorsman

Apologies, when I said "Workspace files" I was referring to the acad.cuix and custom.cuix files. Unless, I am mistaken. These are the files where Workspace customizations are stored. But, I didn't notice the "Options" menu before in the main menu in AutoCAD. I've copied the support folder in AutoCAD and changed the file path to my home folder in CITRIX for testing. Thanks for leading me to the options menu! It should temporarily resolve this until we can find the root cause.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost