Did you mean: 

Purge Civil proxy objects

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dtiemeyer
904 Views, 4 Replies

Purge Civil proxy objects

Are there any tools within AutoCAD to purge out entites created in the Civil applications?

I get the 'proxy warning' even when there are no elements displayed in modelspace or paperspace. I want to do more than turn off the proxy notice, I want to actually cleanse my file of these entities.

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
scot-65
in reply to: dtiemeyer

Do a search for PDI - Purge Dictionary Items.
When running the program, do not purge out "ACAD_*".
I have found that by purging AEC*, objects will disappear as well.

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 3 of 5
Hugh_Compton

Have your tried the ZombieKiller app for AutoCAD?  It will allow you to select and delete proxy objects with a simple to use interface. 

-------------------------------------

http://www.herculedesign.com

Message 4 of 5
dtiemeyer
in reply to: Hugh_Compton

yep, that ZombieKiller app is awesome. Autodesk should give them $1 million, and include it in autocad. Even allow it to run automatically so I never have to see 'civil' objects again...

thanks.

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
Message 5 of 5
Danny_22

We got similar comments from clients we supplied drawings to.  They couldn't copy and paste, because there Autocad was telling them the drawing had proxy objects.  The solution I've came up with is to start a new drawing using the acad.dwt template instead of the template supplied by Carlson (our add-on Civil package).  

We copied and pasted the existing drawing into the newly opened drawing (the customer couldn't copy and paste, but we could) and saved as.  This seems to work for our customers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost