Did you mean: 

Publishing Drawings to the Web

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
754 Views, 2 Replies

Publishing Drawings to the Web

Autodesk Community,

I wish to publish DWG drawings to the web. My drawings have active links for clicking and viewing photos, videos and PDF's. I would prefer to possibly convert the DWG in some way in order to upload to my own server and simply use the browser window to retrieve and interact with the drawing thus avoiding the complication of my audience having to download and deal with a third party software.

I understood that converting the DWG to an SVG format might work because it yields a small file that would load quickly and be web friendly. But the SVG conversion does not preserve the interactive links that I have set up in the native DWG.

I am new to CAD but would appreciate any suggestions or options that the community might have to offer.

Best regards, fh4170

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Plotting (or Publishing) to DWF can preserve links/layers, as can plotting to PDFs. Test and see how well that works for your needs.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks very much for the info. How will my audience view the DWF after clicking on it on the website? Will a plugin and/or some sort of viewer be required in order that the drawing be functional?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost