Did you mean: 

publish not working

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
bcampbell11
3871 Views, 8 Replies

publish not working

We are having to re-setup a page setup from one computer to the next for the publish command to work.  If it is setup on a different computer, when just going to print, the page setup name goes to none. 

this also happens on the same computer if created in 2014 and re-opened in 2015, this makes me think it couldn't be a driver issue.

Any Ideas?

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: bcampbell11

pagesetups with unsupported drivers or driver locations from other PC or AutoCAD versions do indeed behave that way.
If all things were 100% identical, they work as you wish them too: dig deeper, you provided very little detail here for remote help.
Message 3 of 9
bcampbell11
in reply to: pendean

We have been setup and running for 8 years without a problem, I am embarrassed to ask this question but it makes no sense to me.  What seems to have created this problem was when we changed our plotter setup to go to the ip address rather than going through a server.

So, lets tackle this one on my computer for now, becuase to me, it seems it eliminates the different driver theory.  If I create a page setup called "half size" in AutoCAD 2015 it works fine, if I open that same file in 2014 the setup name goes to "none".  Wouldn't this eleminate the chance that it is an unsupported driver?  It is the same file, same computer, the driver and setup are identical.  Both AutoCAD versions are pointed to the same .pc3 files.   What other information would be helpful? 

Thanks

Message 4 of 9
bcampbell11

I can get it to work in 2014, by simply going to modify the page setup.  Although, I change absoutely nothing, as if by magic, it works.  Doesn't make sense!

Message 5 of 9
pendean

Pagesetup points to what driver? What parameters? what options?
Post a DWG file, let's all have a look to confirm your findings.
Message 6 of 9
bcampbell11
in reply to: pendean

attached is the file that will not work from one version to the other, or one computer to the other.  The "half size" setup is the one that we have been trying to change.  attached are images of driver information from AutoCAD 2014 to AutoCAD 2015, they are different.  If this could be the issue, how would I go about making them the same?

Message 7 of 9
bcampbell11

Ok, I found a driver that worked, but it took trial and error with a couple of driver options, all but one failed.  The driver that worked is different than what we have been using, I'm still not sure why the old setup and drivers suddenly failed, but they did.  We will now have to go through and change every computer's driver to that one that does work, which we may not do for a while.  But, if you are searching with a similar problem, this is what we did to fix it.

Thanks

Message 8 of 9

Hi,

>> I found a driver that worked

Can you share what driver you found (that works now for you) with all the other forum users here?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 9 of 9

Our plotter is a Savin 5100WD and we downloaded the driver from their website for windows 7 called RPCS ver.7.83.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost