Did you mean: 

Publish crash

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
brian.breslin
1758 Views, 12 Replies

Publish crash

Since R2013 publish has become very unstable, it will publish some (say 2 or 3) then crash, sometimes 10 or 20 out of 50.

We went back to 2012 and it worked fine.

Just tried it with trueview 2014 and we had the same problems.

It is espcially bad with drawings containing multiple layout tabs.

And yes, I have latest patches \ updates, remade all PC3 files, remade page setups, started new templates, the lot.

Still unstable.

HELP !

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
rkmcswain
in reply to: brian.breslin

I publish several times a day, every day, using 2013 and it works fine 99+% of the time.

I don't think it's a blanket 2013 AutoCAD issue. There must be some other factors at play here.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 13
brian.breslin
in reply to: rkmcswain

hmmmm. ok thats good to know. cheers.

Message 4 of 13

Hi,

what driver do you use to publish? PDF, DWF or the plotter stored in a pagesetup?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 13

Its a variaty of drivers, OCE for our plotter, and autodesk for PDf & DWF. Also have some Canons for A3 printing.

Its very strange as it works great with 2012.

Message 6 of 13

Hi,

>> Its a variaty of drivers

And it happens with all drivers? Really all ... or with OCE yes, but "DWG to PDF.pc3" works as designed?

Is it possible that you have migrated settings when you first start AutoCAD 2013 or 2014 (migrated from older AutoCAD)?

If so then you might have better results if you create your PC3-files from scrath (using the add-plotter-wizared) instead of using the ones from the old release. I know that it should work, but I also know that the migration sometimes results in some miracles.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 13

Yes it crashes with all of them. Smiley Mad

I did already create new pc3 files when we got 2013.

I have just done publish succesfull, but not using our page setups. 

Just using the publish to: (DWF or PDF)

so its our page setups that are corrupt somehow. 

Message 8 of 13
rkmcswain

FWIW - most of my publishing is using the DWG-to-PDF driver, and some of it is making PLT files bound for our Oce TDS860. Except the twist is we still use the old HP750C HDI driver for making HP-GL/2 plot files for the Oce.

So I can't say we publish using the latest (or any) Oce WPD.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 9 of 13
dgorsman

For what its worth, I've had similar problems once or twice with named page set-ups that were pointing to old printers (actual Windows printers, not PC3 files).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 10 of 13
greg_battin

Is "Publish in Background" turned on?

This causes crashes for us too. Even though it is a pain to have it open with each drawing, by turning it off it doesn't crash for us.

~greg

Publish in Background OFF.jpg

Message 11 of 13
brian.breslin
in reply to: greg_battin

Cheers guys.

Yes publish in background is always off.

It's a pain, but Im just going to have to start everything from scratch, drawing templates, pc3, page setups the lot.

Must be something embeded in our templates.

It can't be drivers as its working on single prints and for some publish jobs.

We also have the confusion of using AutoCAD MEP which is very un stable anyway, we have been getting drawings crashing when we close drawings.

Message 12 of 13
greg_battin

This might be a work-a-round since Publish doesn't work and you are using 2013 which has the Core Console.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?76974-Up-and-Running-with-the-2013-Core-Console&highlig...

The script that is shown as an example prints Layout1 so depending on your sends, you might need to adjust it to plot the correct space (Model/Layout)

~Greg

Message 13 of 13
brian.breslin
in reply to: greg_battin

Cheers for that I will try it.

I have figured a work around using the "publish to:" DWF or PDF, instead of using named pages, then I use DWF Review to print to plotters & Printers.

Working a treat so far. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost