AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

dfarnan
Message 1 of 2 (296 Views)

Publish Command: Scaling Problem with PDFs

296 Views, 1 Replies
11-13-2012 06:41 AM

Using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013

I’m having a scaling issue when creating/publishing a PDF of multiple drawings. From my Sheet Set Manager I select the Publish Dialog Box command, then in the dialob box set “Publish To: PDF”. After the PDF is created I’ve noticed my drawings do not scale properly. A 1:40 scale drawing is reduced in size to 1:43 to 1:45.

This error happens regardless of if I set the page setup to “default”, “DWG to PDF” or to one of our other printer specific page setups. It seems to me that the Publish command automatically shrinks each sheet as it creates the PDF.

If I Plot one sheet to the “DWG to PDF” driver the issue does not occur. Our projects generate plan sets with 100’s of sheets. I would really like to avoid having to open each dwg and Plot each one, then combine those PDFs using adobe just to get a scalable set of PDFs that can be set to plan houses and outside printing companies. 

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 2 (281 Views)

Re: Publish Command: Scaling Problem with PDFs

11-13-2012 05:16 PM in reply to: dfarnan

if both commands are using the same driver and the same pagesetup, there is no difference here: dive deeper and find what's different.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.