Proxy Objects/Graphics Macro

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
tfitzhardinge
1288 Views, 8 Replies

Proxy Objects/Graphics Macro

Hi

When I am binding a dwg with multiple xrefs obviously proxy objects/graphics will stop the drawing from binding, so I try the following:

- purge and audit

- dxfout, purge and audit in the new dxf and then save back to dwg and purge and audit again

- dgnpurge (from an external .net macro)

The above will work however it can be timely for a set of drawings with multiple xrefs.

Is there a macro to indicate where the proxy objects are (eg what layer, what xref etc)

Is there a macro that can batch remove proxy objects from a drawing set?

I am using AutoCAD 2013.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

hi try to read this maybe can help you, thanks.

http://www.cadmanagertools.com/Downloads/help/BIE_help.pdf

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 9

Hi ennujozlagam

Thank you for your reply. I spoke with a colleague and there are number of batch script programs available.

Where this program will fail is when I am creating a new dxf file (ie save as dxf, as part of the clean up process) and going into the dxf and purge and audit, then save as again back into a dwg and purge and audit.

I believe a .net program would need to be created especially as part of the clean up process creating a temporary dxf file, applying commands to thie temp dxf file and then save as dwg and delete the temp dxf file.

Is there .net macro created that could help with this.

Thanks

Message 4 of 9
hgasty1001
in reply to: tfitzhardinge

Hi,

This may help: SuperPurge

Gaston Nunez

Message 5 of 9
pendean

There is a freeware in the AutoCAD Exchange Apps Store that does a decent job of removing proxy objects: ZOMBIEKILLER. Try it. Also has a batch mode I believe. There are also better free PURGE tools too.
Message 6 of 9
tfitzhardinge
in reply to: pendean

Hi pendean

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried Zombiekiller, didn't detect the proxy objects even though the proxy graphics window poped up.

I am trying DWG-PURGE.

If there are any other free programs that other have used let me know. I bet others will also benefit from the suggestions.

Thanks again the suggestions.

Message 7 of 9
greg_battin

What "flavor" of AutoCAD created the proxy objects? (Civil, Map, Plant...)

Another command you might want to try is -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-86C80CA1-F237-4AE6-8A43-2E9CA06A03A8

~Greg

Message 8 of 9
tfitzhardinge
in reply to: greg_battin

Hi greg.

Ok I think I'm more on top of this. I installed the AutoCAD 2013 Civil Object Enabler and that seemed to work.

I tried -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD however that didn't help the problem.

So is it a matter of installing the object enabler of the program that is detailed in the Proxy Graphics Window, to remove the proxy objects.

Message 9 of 9
greg_battin

Unfortunately no.

If you can have someone with C3D open the file and then use the command -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD or AECTOACAD, it will convert the proxy objects to ACAD objects. The program that created the proxy objects also has to be the program to convert them to ACAD.

But at least you have identified what program created the objects.

I would do it for you but I am not a C3D guy.

~Greg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost