Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy enabler disabled ?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
361 Views, 8 Replies

Proxy enabler disabled ?

Need to check to see if several drawing have proxy then I need to figure out what they are if they are graphic then need to conver them to autocad objects  I need to turn the enabler on and off is there a way to do it?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Anonymous

PROXYGRAPHICS 1 or 0.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

that show the proxies I want to know once you down load a enabler does that always working in th backround and if so can you stop it form working, I'm just asking about any enabler.

Message 4 of 9
ToddRogers-WPM

Oh I see.  I think you're out of luck on that one unless there is an undocumented variable that I am unaware of.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

I was hoping no one would say that, so once you have the enalber there is no way of checking to see if it is working or not, that not good one would have to assume that then enabler is working.  ????????????????????

Message 6 of 9
pendean

If it installed correctly, it's "working". There is no way to 'check it' or turn it on or off. There is no such thing as a good or bad one.

And enablers are in no way or shape a magic solution to making your version of AutoCAD act and behave like the version the file came from. OEs are more like viewers of sorts.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I am learning all that, was on AutoCAD 2002 back in 2007 then moved to solid works   and now I am back on AutoCAD but it 2013 a lot has change, never had to deal with the proxy stuff before, to many now programs out now a days, just need to figure what is the best way to fine the proxy and then see if i can or have to redraw them, but just finding a proxy is the hardest task,

Message 8 of 9
pendean

OEs have been around for a very long time and 2007 was not immune to needing them either.

For 99% of us turning on PROXYGRAPHICS and PROXYSHOW and turning off PROXYNOTICE, in addition to having any required OEs installed, is about it for plain AutoCAD (2002 through 2015).

If you need more abilities, you might need to talk to the powers that be at your place to upgrade to that ciritical vertical version you need to do your job.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Don't get me wrong never said they where not there I just did not have to deal with them back then, and I do agree with talking to the higher above, just need all the fact and as much knowledge that I can get before I go ask for something. so thanks for the info  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost