Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties Palette

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
590 Views, 7 Replies

Properties Palette

In Autocad 2014 I can't seem to get the same properties when I choose a dimension as I have been with all previous vertions. It does not have any of the option such as text height, Tollerance, Precision etc. Is this new for 14?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the forums.

The 2014 Properties palette should behave the same as it has in recent versions.  Just to be clear, this is the main Properties palette, not Quick Properties .... right?

Did you happen to run a registry cleaner recently, or uninstall Autodesk360?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

No to both registry and 360. Quick or main ? I right click and choose properties.  PS Thanks for answering.

-Warren

Message 4 of 8
Charles_Shade

Quick Properties is a smaller Properties window that can show information that you deem important. For the most part you have to go in a choose what it will show. This typically shows up when you highlite an entity if you have the feature turned On and does not need any additonal clicks.

The Properties window is standard and you cannot add or remove from it. Type PROPERTIES at the Command line and the window should Open and stay open.

Is each of the subheaders in the Properties window expanded? There should be a small black arrow at the end if each header line to expand if they are not.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

If I type in properties I do get the same window. It has the same information I had before which in not dot allow any changes. It has General, 3d Visualization, Plot style, View and Misc. only. If I choose a Dimension I should have text height, Arrow size etc. But I do not.

-W-

Message 6 of 8
pendean

Nothing has changed in 2014: sound like you ran a WIndows Registry cleaner and it wiped out Properties commands for all objects you select. Confirm by selecting other entities then reinstall 2014.
Message 7 of 8
nestly2

@Anonymous wrote:

If I type in properties I do get the same window. It has the same information I had before which in not dot allow any changes. It has General, 3d Visualization, Plot style, View and Misc. only. If I choose a Dimension I should have text height, Arrow size etc. But I do not.

-W-

When you select an object, the Properties Palette should change to reflect the properties of that object. ie for Dimensions, General / 3D Visualization / PlotStyle etc should change to General / Misc / Lines& Arrows etc.

If this isn't happening, then as pendean said, something cleared those entries out of the Windows registry and you will have to Repair AutoCAD.

For Windows7;  Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > AutoCAD2014 > Repair / Reinstall

PropSelection.gif

Message 8 of 8
rkmcswain

@Anonymous wrote:

-W-

Have you seen this?

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS22916

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost