Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties palette scroll bar width

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
rkmcswain
1512 Views, 15 Replies

Properties palette scroll bar width

Has anyone else noticed that the scroll bar inside the properties palette in 2015 is half the width as it was in earlier versions? Is it just me?

TIA

compareprops.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Jason.Piercey
in reply to: rkmcswain

Yes, I've noticed.  Also, scroll bars are not the same between palettes.  Look at the SSM vs. Properties.  It'd be nice to have some consistency.

Message 3 of 16
rkmcswain
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

Yes, I prefer the fat ones on the right like in SSM, ADC, Layer Manager, Xref Manager, the Command Line, etc.

Thanks for the reply and pointing this out.

Message 4 of 16
nestly2

rkmcswain wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that the scroll bar inside the properties palette in 2015 is half the width as it was in earlier versions? Is it just me?

TIA

Actually I didn't notice... I've probably been too fixated on the goofy font size scaling in the 2015 Properties Palette.  Smiley Mad

Properties Palette font size.jpg

Message 5 of 16
rkmcswain
in reply to: nestly2

nestly2 wrote:
... I've probably been too fixated on the goofy font size scaling in the 2015 Properties Palette.

That looks like a Windows font scaling issue, you can see my 2014 and 2015 are the same.

...OR are you saying that you purposely use a larger Windows font and it did not affect the properties palette in earlier versions?

Message 6 of 16
nestly2

It's a scaling issue for sure, but it's AutoCAD, not Windows.  I scale the text 125% on my 1920x1200 UXGA display on a laptop because it's just to small otherwise.  AutoCAD 2011 thru 2014 scale the fonts properly at any Windows setting, AutoCAD2015 scales "some" of the fonts properly.  Even on my desktop, if use Windows to scale the fonts, 2011-2014 handle it fine... 2015 does not.

Related and Escalated topic  (that never got a response from Autodesk)

Message 7 of 16
djohnson1976

I think the smaller scroll bar size is obnoxiously difficult to use...seeing as how you need to basically select it every time.  Is there an option to change this width back?  I can't see one.  This is actually a nuisance hindering productivity since I am always using pallets which contain large groups of items to select.

Message 8 of 16
kentr8

is this fixed yet?

Message 9 of 16
rkmcswain
in reply to: kentr8

kentr8 wrote:

is this fixed yet?

It's working "as designed" (so there is nothing to fix), we're just complaining about the design.

Message 10 of 16
kentr8

OK just checking, how about those jumpy layout tabs?

Message 11 of 16
pendean
Message 12 of 16
kentr8
in reply to: pendean

Yeah I know still get the occasional one that wants to jump to the end, guess I just don't know how I want my drawings laid outSmiley Mad

Message 13 of 16
pendean

I did not install SP2, so I'll take your word for it 🙂
Message 14 of 16
jpowell
in reply to: pendean

Going back to the original post:  AUTODESK please fix this!  The narrow scroll bars are so aggravating.  I completely agree, and the mentioned workarounds are slower and don't work as well.  Has anyone found a fix?  "Working as intended" is not a good answer.  

Thanks.

Message 15 of 16
pendean
in reply to: jpowell

This is not the place to report a bug to AutoCAD: click onto the contact link on this page do it that way.

"As intended" doesn'tean we all like it since they didn't really ask us first, did they 😞
Message 16 of 16

I am in TOTAL agreement that the skinnier scroll bars are obnoxious, difficult to see, difficult to select...which is one of the most often actions done by the user.

Is this just a trendy 'artsy' decision to try and make them more sleek and cool?  Fail.

It is an attempt to gain a 4 pixel wide amount of real-estate on my giant monitors?  Fail.

This goes for AutoCAD, 3DS Max and any other Autodesk product with these anorexic scroll bars.  We aren't all Swiss watch makers.  Autodesk:  Please, please, please, please let ease of use control these UI decisions...or at least give us the option to change them back to normal width.

Vent complete.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost