Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties Palette Problem (Autocad 2014)

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jlr2_08
6290 Views, 9 Replies

Properties Palette Problem (Autocad 2014)

The properties Palette is not showing up. I read that if you uninstall Autodesk 360 via the control panel the properties pannel will not work properly both on Autocad 2013 and 2014. I didn't uninstall Autodesk 360 but still the properties palette is not working. All i can see is an Option bar and the customize box.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: jlr2_08

Got pushed off screen perhaps?
Message 3 of 10
jlr2_08
in reply to: pendean

I don't really know if it really is a problem or its just that I really do not know how to use Autocad. Here's a screenshot of the problem.

Message 4 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

your screenshot does not show the properties window, that is something that you pulled out from the ribbon, whereas I don't know which ribbon-panel that is, do you have customized your ribbons`?

At least you can send that ribbon panel back (to the default, docked position) by clicking into the top-right (small) icon in it's border:

2014-04-06 06-51-34.png

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 10
nestly2
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

your screenshot does not show the properties window, that is something that you pulled out from the ribbon....

I believe the OP's screen capture is showing a malfunctioning Quick Properties window.  That it's not populated is probably the result of the same registy problem that affects the full Properties palette.

OP, did you use a registry cleaner or any other program advertised to "speed up your PC" recently?  Did you install an older version of AutoCAD after installing 2014?  If not already installed, you might try applying Service Pack 1, otherwise you may have to re-install AutoCAD.

I also notice that there are no drawing names shown in the FILETABS.  Is this an English version?

Message 6 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: nestly2

Hi,

>> Actually, I believe that's the Quick Properties dialog box

Yep, you are absolutely correct, it's the QuickProperties dialog and nothing from the ribbons.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 10
jlr2_08

I'm using CCleaner and I did install a previous version. I installed Autocad 2009 after installing 2014.

Message 8 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

then run a repair install of 2014 (admin permissions on, antivirussoftware off).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 10
nestly2

jlr2_08 wrote:

I'm using CCleaner and I did install a previous version. I installed Autocad 2009 after installing 2014.

Both of those are known to cause the Properties palette(s) to stop working properly.  You can try "repairing" AutoCAD2014.  If "Repair" fails to fix the problem, then you may be required to "Reinstall" 2014

On the Windows Start menu, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > AutoCAD2014 > Uninstall Change > Repair/Reinstall

related topic: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-2015/Quick-properties-don-t-show/td-p/3877377

Message 10 of 10
phakala

I had the same issue and "repair" didn't work.  I uninstalled SP1 and reinstalled it:  From control panel's "programs and Features" select "View installed updates".  Find SP1 from installed list and uninstall it.  Then from AutoCAD, check for product updates and install SP1.  See attached.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost