Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Navigator--We Need HELP!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Jim10392
329 Views, 9 Replies

Project Navigator--We Need HELP!

We have 4 folks using autocad daily. I'm the guy that directs who does what task each day. Another tidbit is I know very little on how to use CAD.

One of the 4 wants all to use navigator on all projects, and is leading that charge. I'm getting pushback from the other 3 (for whatever reason).

I come here to get feedback from other folks about which way I shoul lean.

any help will be appreciated

tnx

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dgorsman
in reply to: Jim10392

Since vanilla AutoCAD doesn't have any kind of project management tools (Project Navigator or otherwise), which vertical are you using?  Architectural?  MEP?  Or...?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 10
dbroad

Project Navigator is the correct approach for AutoCAD Architecture (or AutoCAD MEP) in order to use it to the greatest extent possible.  

For plain AutoCAD, some like using the sheet set manager.  Others prefer their own system.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

>> Project Navigator--We Need HELP!

What is "project navigator"? I guess you are not speaking about AutoCAD (plain AutoCAD), what product do you have exactly (start command _ABOUT, the dialog shows you then what you have).

If you are speaking about AutoCAD Architecture then please search in the >>>forum for AutoCAD Architecture<<<

If you are speaking about AutoCAD MEP then please ise the >>>forum for AutoCAD MEP<<<

This forum here is for plain AutoCAD.

Please let us know your product, so we know what you mean by "project navigator"

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 10
pendean

Begs the question; what are you using now for project management that the other three object to?
Sorry but you can't be that disconnected from your team: why don't all five of you get together and discuss it in more detail.
Message 6 of 10
Jim10392
in reply to: dgorsman

Sorry I'm not a good CAD expert! 🙂

we are using MEP

Message 7 of 10
Jim10392

We really do appreciate your responses

tnx

Message 8 of 10
dgorsman

No problem - its a good point to start from.  The vertical products like AutoCAD MEP have a number of functions which don't exist in the vanilla AutoCAD product, and functions which are called the same thing but behave differently to match the specialized work processes in that program.  If you ask certain questions in this board (for vanilla AutoCAD) you may get either a question about what you are asking about, or potentially a slightly inappropriate answer.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 9 of 10
scot-65

Perhaps look into SMARTSHEET?
It's a web-based excel-type freebe program that one can clutter-up without that much difficulty.

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 10 of 10
pendean

I recommend to repost in the correct forum for MEP: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-MEP-General/bd-p/61

Be prepared to discuss 'CAD' specific questions. Do take the time and find out what your folks do now, it's important.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost